Drivel

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Just got enough bandwidth to watch the US vs. NZ game from Saturday on Youtube. Saw the match live at my pub but it was muted.

I'm embarrassed to think that this game was broadcast beyond our borders. Not because we got our butts whupped but because the TV announcers made me cringe. What absolute drivel.

Please, please don't let those idiots near a microphone again. Not even for a soap box derby.

How many synonyms are there for pathetic? Googled "pathetic" and got 20+. Not nearly enough.

After 30 mins had to hit the mute even tho I really wanted hear CJ.

Anyone think I'm being harsh?

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
The broadcasters had to announce to their LCD (the American audience). I had no idea that rugby was the fastest growing sport in America, but was reminded in attempt to convince fashion by the announcers endlessly.

If you say something enough times people will begin to believe it.

CJ was unfortunately bored also, and he had to make small talk to get through the event.

Whole event was very disheartening.

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
I watched the NZ feed. They ran our of stuff to say pretty early.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I wish that these guys had.

Nigel M. has squandered our foreign based players for this game so they'll not be available for the fall internationals. What do you think we got back. Even the NBC suits must be wondering that.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I watched about 10 mins 1/2 through 2nd half. After a couple of scrum resets I lost interest.

Interesting comment from commentator opining that the All Blacks jumper is the most recognised sporting icon in the world. I wonder what Manchester United and Ferrari think about that.

Marauder, nice touch posting this in non-rugby forum :)

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
... or the NY Yankees icon.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Interesting comment from commentator opining that the All Blacks jumper is the most recognised sporting icon in the world. I wonder what Manchester United and Ferrari think about that.

doglaugh.gif

Bwhahahaha!!!! WHICH ONE!!!

ManU-1.jpg
ManU-2.jpg
ManU-3.jpg
ManU-4.jpg

ManU-5.jpg
ManU-6.jpg
ManU-7.jpg
ManU-8.jpg

ManU-9.jpg
ManU-10.jpg
ManU-11.jpg
ManU-12.jpg

ManU-0.jpg

Manchester-United-Football-Strip.jpg

65 jerseys in 12 different colours and seven different designs in about 120 years. How there's a whole soccer field full of indecision!!

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Oh and while we are at it!!!!!
What in Elizabeth's great empire was that singer on?
Was that truly an attempt at a national anthem?
fast forward to halfway.
http://youtu.be/sn7XziWFdcw

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and while we are at it!!!!!
What in Elizabeth's great empire was that singer on?
Was that truly an attempt at a national anthem?
fast forward to halfway.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
it's the american way....remember "hope and change?" never forget those two words got someone elected....twice.

Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Thought he won it 4 times?

- - - Updated - - -

it's the american way....remember "hope and change?" never forget those two words got someone elected....twice.

Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Thought he won it 4 times?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

Careful, you'll add this site to NSA watch list, the IRS will also make sure you do not run for office.

Tis a shame our electorate is gullible.

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Careful, you'll add this site to NSA watch list, the IRS will also make sure you do not run for office.

Tis a shame our electorate is gullible.

so goes the usar membership. many actually believe the crooks at the top.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'd bet that the Barcelona/Real Madrid jerseys would be more recognisable than Man U. What I'd be really interested to see on that score is how any given English team compared to Inter and AC Milan.

Yep, that's my point; you have to say which one!

So what, no team that's ever had to use a change kit can ever say that their primary's iconic?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'd bet that the Barcelona/Real Madrid jerseys would be more recognisable than Man U. What I'd be really interested to see on that score is how any given English team compared to Inter and AC Milan.

So what, no team that's ever had to use a change kit can ever say that their primary's iconic?

No. I'm saying that if your team colour is red, then your jersey should be red with an alternate perhaps for away matches and even then, only in the case of an actual colour clash. You always wear your no 1 strip unless you absolutely have to wear something different due to a clash.

Red team at home to a team wearing blue, wears red
Red team away to a team wearing blue, wears red
Red team away to a team also wearing red, wears the alternate strip

Canterbury Rugby has been red and black for over 120 years. They may have changed the style and pattern, but they have AFAIK never worn any other colours except for away matches with colour clashes when they wear white with red and black trim.

I am a traditionalist. I despise this marking ploy of teams changing their jersey colour. How can you expect players to have pride in the team jersey if you keep changing the jersey? England's colour is white, but in recent years they have been sucked in by marketing idiots into wearing purple, blue, black and orange/yellow. IMO, by doing so, they have damaged their brand, cheapened the jersey and disrespected those who wore it in the past.

Last edited: