dual refereeing

abitinga

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
i am currently a level 2 W.R.U. ref but i also now live near Hereford in england and would like to also ref in england i did speak to an R.F.U. official who said they would get the local society to contact me but have not heard anything further despite it being a few moths later and trying re contact the person.

i am having difficulty in finding contact info for the nearest group, also would my current level transfer across or would i have to start from scratch again

taff426

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I did the exact opposite to you. I did my ELRA with the RFU, did a season with the RFU, then due to work, I transferred my civilian refereeing to the WRU.
In the RFU they are graded Level 16 (beginner) to Level 1 (elite). I am currently a Level 10 in RFU terms, which has equated to WRU Level 2.
You will almost certainly be assessed by your English society so they can appoint you to the level best suited to yourself.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Hampshire has had incoming 'transfer' referees from Wales, Scotland, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Zimbawe and Australia over the last decade.

The process is "simples" for us (I suspect North Midlands is similar) - contact us (use Google or www.rfu.com to get Society site and then relevant contacts), have letter of intro from past Society (plus copies of recent match assessments if possible), sign up & pay membership, get RFU CRB clearance done, attend Society Meeting, give availability and get a re-appointment usually one or two levels below current grade (RFU levels 6-15). Assessor watches that match and report done, immediate temporary grade allocated and goes onto monthly appointment allocations (and weekly re-appointments). The more you are available the more likely you will pick up a challenging match with an assessor watching. Then come December or May a formal grade is awarded at the Grading Commitee Meeting based on your reports and club cards.

And just to add we have some members with dual membership in two English Societies, and one guy who has WRU and another with SRU membership & grades.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes -we handle both the comparethemarket and gocompare accounts in two of our media agencies.

Amongst a lot of advertising memorabilia, I have one of the Aleksandr models used in the shooting of the ads in my office, so he is front of mind :wink: but I do also I have a large picture of Gio (gocompare singer)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Yes -we handle both the comparethemarket and gocompare accounts in two of our media agencies.

So comparethemeerkat is handled by a different agent! :biggrin:

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... I do also I have a large picture of Gio (gocompare singer)
I used to live directly opposite "Gio" before he moved to the big city. Between that advert and the occasional turn singing at the Millenium Stadium, the boys done well for himself. His mother would have been very proud of him. :clap:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Sergei is very old. It is difficult to date him exactly, but I estimate him no less than 77. He used to be head of principal design group for Soviet Space Program during the 1980s. He personally design the Mir(kat) Space Station!
Now career has reach new height with working for comparethemeerkat.com.

As well as being Head of IT, Sergei is also Head of My Tea. I like it milky.

Simon, aren't you head of IT?

Milk, no sugar, ta...:biggrin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Simon, aren't you head of IT?

Milk, no sugar, ta...:biggrin:

Nope - GroupM's Global Director for Data Solutions, Analytics & Insight. IT just deliver the infrastructure we use.

Sergei is Head of IT for our client comparethemeerkat.com
:wink:

It must be Friday afternoon in August........................

Darren Evans

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
I'm in a similar boat. HAving moved to Liverpool, I still referee Premier/Div 1 in South Wales and every other weekend in North Wales.