England Squad under SB

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
This is interesting from the Times

Borthwick will then select his first squad and captain, in January, for two one-day training camps. There will not be a huge overhaul, as he is only permitted to make five changes to the England Performance Squad from the autumn.

Although probably five is enough.

I am wondering if we will see George Ford back at 10, MS on the bench and.. what role for Farrell? Can we see SB picking him as a centre?

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I am wondering if we will see George Ford back at 10, MS on the bench and.. what role for Farrell? Can we see SB picking him as a centre?

I can certainly see the Ford-Farrell partnership put back in place, at least for the short term. If it works, then will be the core thro the World Cup. Strategically, I think the biggest change will be them going back to a more static/standard pod system rather then the everyone can do everything fluid approach.

Other side of the RWC, maybe a wholesale shift to get a younger cohort in to give them a couple of years to build up.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ironically SB has arrived just at the time when everything really is all about the RWC

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I dont see why not particularly... Ford+Farrell made a decent combo in the past

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I can certainly see the Ford-Farrell partnership put back in place, at least for the short term. If it works, then will be the core thro the World Cup. Strategically, I think the biggest change will be them going back to a more static/standard pod system rather then the everyone can do everything fluid approach.

Other side of the RWC, maybe a wholesale shift to get a younger cohort in to give them a couple of years to build up.
did it ever really work ?
in my mind
- pick the game plan
- pick the best 10 for your game plan
- pick the best 12 for your game plan.

Which means Farrell could certainly be the 10, but under any game plan I'm never sure he's the best 12 in England