Ermmmmmmm!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I've actually called, "I've got it, advantage red, he's going".
Fortunately never had the try scored scenario but when play stopped everyone knew who was going for at least 10.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Penalty against R 17 for high tackle. I've got the number and St I have the advantage. They go 25 meters up the pitch I shout advantage over. Then their winger gets shot by a sniper falls over and the balls spills forward. I peep then peep peep time off.
Call R 17 and skipper to me. I issue yellow to 17 for the tackle but the restart is to R after knock on.
Myself and the assessor were not sure if this is correct or did I sell my bullshit well?

I think the mistake here is calling advantage over - because it wasn't.
I think that after YC-worthy high tackle advantage is only over if they score, or if there is another PK offence, at which point you can issue the card

I don't think advatage can be over just because they made 25m, because the oppo still have 15 players on the pitch

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
I would have no issue with YC at the next stoppage. IF that means the person being YC'ed is also a try scorer - so be it. The card is my option, not the teams. They need to play what is infront of them.

But if I am going to YC, then any advantage has to be fairly likely to accrue. Unlikely to be playing advantage for a PK & YC offence toot far from the try line, then the advantage over call is when a score happens. So the situation is highly unlikely to occur. If you are playing advantage for an offside, 40-50m from the tryline, then I have to ask - why YC? And what possible advantage was "on" that you didn't stop it and give the card there and then if it really was justified?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
One thing I don't think is clear is where this took place on the pitch??

On this occasion no big deal and you "got away with it"

Just maybe a re-think on when you're going to call advantage over if you're coming back for a YC, mu guess is that one just didn't "look right"?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
What sort of dog?

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Funny enough it was a six foot five second row dog with a beard Phil E. I beleive your very well acquainted with the individual.