Fans and grass roots rugby

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Interesting different approaches.

Here in Victoria (pop 6.6M) we have had zero new cases in 4 weeks and currently 0 active cases.

For the Boxing Day cricket we will restrict attendance to 25K in a stadium that holds 80K.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think the most important thing is when can grassroots rugby begin again (I mean full contact rugby, not touch or rugbyready)

Up and down country clubs are on their knees and need to play again

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I think the most important thing is when can grassroots rugby begin again (I mean full contact rugby, not touch or rugbyready)

Up and down country clubs are on their knees and need to play again

common sense would tell me once the vaccines are rolled out

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
or instant testing, hopefully, so play-while-you-are-negative.

(it will be along time before we vaccinate people in 20s and 30s (quite possibly never)

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
that would be excellent

This I think will be a modified game (think Premier 15s ladies variations) and the games will probably be local pool cups for those that want - however that’s got to be better than nothing.

Right now, come Thursday 2nd clubs might be able to allow fans in to their Rugby grounds, but we won’t have any form of meaningful game for them to watch!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
in October our clubn hekld a bunch of intra-club touch matches which were open to people to come and watch - socially distanced of course, and no facilities open/available icnluding for the players ie turn up changed, go home in kit etc. Im assured this is all withinm RFU regs and socail regs etc .

So grass roots grounds have been open already in RFU land anyway

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Touch comps were ok (not now) pretty sure spectators are a no no though as that’s a different risk assessment to participants as far as track and trace goes, suspect no one cares if it’s one man and his dog though, I mean I have parents watching their kids getting coached