[Ruck] Kicking ball out of a ruck. Is this illegal?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

The Netherlands/Holland probably has plenty of bigfoot sightings. They are all second rows.

Rich, please understand in the rest of humanity everyone is not 6'8" by age 14. Second rows are good for set pieces, drinking beer, and taking on the big women. And I do not mean amazonian type, I mean the big women. Plus they all mutter "I should be playing eightman"

They also use up all the athletic tape. Height deprived people require less by sq footage.

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I had one today where a ruck moved to give the opposition 4m access to the ball, which he (correctly) hooked backwards with his feet. Cue calls of 'he can't kick it from a ruck', and a quick 'he can hook backwards' from me.

I make the odd mistake (!) but I do wish players would at least learn the basics, particularly of any new laws.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I'm a second row (at only 6'5) and one of my main jobs has always been the rucks. It's not like I'm expected to run or pass. :p

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I'm also looking forward to dealing with protests at players dribbling the ball to keep it in a ruck moving forwards.

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
A ruck on its feet and moving - have you fallen through a time warp from the 1950s

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Haha, you may laugh - but some of our grassroots teams have players dating from then ;)

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Haha, you may laugh - but some of our grassroots teams have players dating from then ;)

Let me get this straight, in NL active players are choosing their lifestyle relationship partners from a group of 80 year olds. unbelievable. freaky, pictures please.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Yeah exactly, but 2nd rows actually involved at rucks are as rare as bigfoot sightings. Hmmm, that's odd.
Coincidental, i'm sure.

They must play a strange sort of rugby in America.
A second rows main job is at ruck time, along with the other forwards?

Secondary job is set pieces since there are less of these than ruck type breakdowns.

I spent my whole career running from one breakdown to the next.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
They must play a strange sort of rugby in America.
A second rows main job is at ruck time, along with the other forwards?

Secondary job is set pieces since there are less of these than ruck type breakdowns.

I spent my whole career running from one breakdown to the next.

Nah, they do same thing here. It is a bit amusing. Look like chickens with head cut off. Or in this case ostriches.

I noticed you omitted tackling. Is that tertiary.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Nah, they do same thing here. It is a bit amusing. Look like chickens with head cut off. Or in this case ostriches.

I noticed you omitted tackling. Is that tertiary.

If you don't let the opposition have the ball, you don't have to tackle them. Simples.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
If you don't let the opposition have the ball, you don't have to tackle them. Simples.

I noticed that you don't have to tackle when they hand you jersey #22

Phil, LBH . hypoxia and CTE have left you with a self flattering memory only 2nd row seem to suffer.

You also do not have to tackle or ruck when you are no where near the ball. Or when you are on your backside.

i also notice that you and RichNL have defended 2nd row appearance on the park, but no argument was made on my comments about beer consumption or choice of post match company.

This only leads me to believe that you are a pure 2nd row. Goon for life, once a goon, always a goon.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Can we stop with the insults please?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Can we stop with the insults please?

Hey, I was #22 on the b side. I don't know if you are familiar with Napoleon syndrome, but I can't dunk a basketball.

and the part about the beer and large company is a form of envy, you gigantic mass

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hey, I was #22 on the b side. I don't know if you are familiar with Napoleon syndrome, but I can't dunk a basketball.

and the part about the beer and large company is a form of envy, you gigantic mass

This is just a series of unconnected words thrown on a page, I have absolutely no idea what it means.