KieranW's university fund

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
All,

As of today I shall be starting a charitable fund to help me pay for when I go to uni next year. Well documented in the UK is the yearly tuition fee of £9000, but I'm not too worried about this, as I only have to pay it back when I'm working and earning a reasonable amount (something like >£25000). What I'm more worried about - and anyone who's attended university recently/had children who have attended university recently will understand - is the very high costs of accommodation (average cost is around £3,500 - £5000 for a standard room per year, with the higher up having an en suite). Therefore I am starting a fund, and all donors will have their name/business tattooed onto my forehead for their kind sponsorship.

Donations on a postcard please.

Kieran

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thoughtful of you to offer us this opportunity. Unfortunately, I already contribute £500/month to other similar charitable funds, so I'm spoken for.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Good luck Kieran I'll give you a tenner to Tattoo the correct spelling of your name "Ciaran" on your forehead:ireland:

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm currently trying to go to college on £70 a week. Call me back in 24 months.

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Also, I was originally named after Kyran Bracken, the ex England scrum half. Don't know if that spelling is more to your tastes or not? ;)

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
In all seriousness do you need to go to university to do the career you have in mind?

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
In all seriousness do you need to go to university to do the career you have in mind?

yes! I'm in a military college at the moment - I'm on my way to becoming an engineering officer in the RAF, so for better or for worse I definitely need it.

TimothyQ

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Hi Kieran (sic)

Hope you have a great time mate, and I'm glad to see that you've not been put off by the debt burden, I'm paying mind back at the moment and it's 9% of everything over £15000ish p/a (for you it will be 9% of everything of £21000ish p/a, the newspapers tend to leave out the fact that people will be paying back a smaller portion of their pay packet per month under the new system). Get involved in the rugby club (or cricket, golf, football, hockey, 'korfball' ultimate Frisbee etc.) getslots of extra-circular and leadership experience to impress the people at the RAF board and have a fantastic time!

Edit to add: I can't give you any money because I don't have any. Sorry!

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I've already passed the selection over a year ago, so I've done all that, I'm being sponsored, which will half my tuition fees, but I'll only find the benefits of that after my degree.

Thanks anyway though!

TimothyQ

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
In which case congratulations and have a fantastic time!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Also, I was originally named after Kyran Bracken, the ex England scrum half. Don't know if that spelling is more to your tastes or not? ;)

Mine was after my uncle Ciaran but didn't know anyone else spelt that way until Ciaran Fitzgerald became Irish captain. I knew then that my way was correct!!
PS good luck with the RAF and your career. my initial reaction was "bloody student" but not now. I work withMod and Army with my job at BAE Systems

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I guess they just preferred the spelling. Also, I have an english mum and a welsh dad - both big rugby fans. If my dad had known the true origin of my name, he probably wouldn't have been so accepting of it!

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

yes! I'm in a military college at the moment - I'm on my way to becoming an engineering officer in the RAF, so for better or for worse I definitely need it.

So the RAF are sponsoring you, and paying you?

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
They're not paying me yet unfortunately :L