knee in the back = YC

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Nor is he the cleanest.

4 weeks after a red card.The unexplained kick to Dave Kearney's head.

He's a good player, but he ain't no saint.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
What the French lock did was dirty play, on top of which he is still denying that it was intentional. Paul 'O Connell is an aggressive player, sure. However he always holds his hand up when in the wrong. Manic aggression is allowed on the field of play as far as I'm aware.
How dare you accuse him of being a dirty player? Those who've played rugby will understand there's a difference between the two.

Please do wind your chin in, I said "PoC & Co".........and "style" are you seriously suggesting that the scatter rucking and 'boney bit deployment' hasn't featured over the last decade, blimey, I must've been dreaming then !

p's. ..."on top of which....still denying " !!!! ....really? I am unsurprised by him, and equally amazed you'd mention that.

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
a 15 week entry point for something WB and - more importantly - the TMO thought only warranted a YC, the equivalent of a deliberate knock-on?

there has to be something wrong with the in-game decisions there surely?

didds

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
..... "on top of which he is still denying that it was intentional".

" including the player's admission of foul play "

Either he did a strategic U-Turn (when recognising the 5 week value of an admission) , OR he must've admitted unintentional foul play.

Anyway, the 6N DC has ruled, a knee in the back = Top end (if it injures your opponent significantly).

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
didds:293761 said:
a 15 week entry point for something WB and - more importantly - the TMO thought only warranted a YC, the equivalent of a deliberate knock-on?

there has to be something wrong with the in-game decisions there surely?

didds

Could they have instructed the 6n refs : avoid RC at all costs and let the citing process sort it all out

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Could they have instructed the 6n refs : avoid RC at all costs and let the citing process sort it all out

Or, the post match media assasination/grief you get for RC'ing too toughly is noticeably less than the grief you get for being too lenient, which makes citing a more attractive psycholgical preference .

?