[Law] Knock-on into touch option 2018?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I might have missed this so apologies if I have. The 2017 version of the law book explicitly says that at a knock-on into touch the opposition has an option. (12.1e) Where is this explicitly pointed out in the 2018 version? I am sure my learned friends on here will save me a lot of time and point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
... and this happened during Ita v Sco on Saturday.

ie option for knock on into touch.

didds

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes

Thanks CR. I was looking for something specific like the 2017 version rather than trying to ‘bend’ something into the law which your document and the 2018 version tries to do. I had read your document and the laws over and over and just felt this was a very fundamental oversight which when it comes to training and developing new referees should be clearly wrtiien down. Response much appreciated.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks CR. I was looking for something specific like the 2017 version rather than trying to ‘bend’ something into the law which your document and the 2018 version tries to do. I had read your document and the laws over and over and just felt this was a very fundamental oversight which when it comes to training and developing new referees should be clearly wrtiien down. Response much appreciated.

I completely agree .. the 2018 Law Book is faulty here .. a newcomer reading this book only would have trouble dealing correctly with the scenario, I think

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Look at it as playing advantage and offering the option is the same as offering the choice of location when there are multiple offences.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Look at it as playing advantage and offering the option is the same as offering the choice of location when there are multiple offences.

Which is also missing from the 2018 Law Book , isn't it ? .. because it's a trial and they didn't bother putting the trials in

ChuckieB

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The omission of the option has been noted in another thread. I can only apply the understanding that the laws haven't changed and yet that assertion does not stand up to close scrutiny!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Not sure why people claim the Laws haven't changed when there are several examples of where they clearly have

(Not this Law , I don't think this one has changed , just become very obscure)