Last game of a Youth Tournament... hmmm

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Indeed, so penalise people for unsportsmanship by all means.

but wombleref seems to have ended up in a situation where all around him people all around were saying 'jehovah' and he was forcing them off the field for it...
He clearly didn't see what happened to the man with the whistle in that Python sketch.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Is this a Suffolk thing for all youth games, or just for daft development tournaments involving broadly non-players?

I believe federation below 16 buddy

Shelflife

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
We had a year with no YC at u15, it was hard work, the "logic" was that the sweet innocent u15s would never be cynical, oh how wrong they were.

Only lasted one season. Refs were not keen to do u15 at all near the end of the season.

Womble ref, don't take the criticism to heart, I came on here with a problem match a while back and looked for sympathy with my problem, instead I got my arse kicked and told to look at my own game.

Truth was it was my problem and not the players, I got some harsh (deservedly so) advise, took it on board and haven't looked back since.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Womble ref, don't take the criticism to heart, I came on here with a problem match a while back and looked for sympathy with my problem, instead I got my arse kicked and told to look at my own game.

Truth was it was my problem and not the players, I got some harsh (deservedly so) advise, took it on board and haven't looked back since.

+1 .....

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
The 'rules' are pathetic to be honest:-

YEAR 9 BOYS (U14) Rules

Round here these are called the "Emerging Schools' Rules".

They're some sort of mish-mash decided upon by someone in the RFU's game development department years ago to encourage schools that don't have a rugby history to give it a go.

I've done two of these "festivals" and my eldest son competed in one at about the same time.

This was all several years ago and neither my nor my son will ever have anything to do with them again.

The events are disasters - the teachers tend to know nothing about rugby, the kids have probably never played together before (though most teams will have roughly half their players from local clubs) and the games are very random and unsatisfactory.

The rugby playing kids hate these events. The non-rugby playing kids get nothing out of them and decide rugby really is the waste of time they thought it was and go back to football and the referees are lucky to get a cup of tea out of it.

NO MORE.