Match analysis form

Casey Bee

Referees in England
Post Likes
Do any assessors out there (or others) have a 'standardised' form that they use for match analysis? I'm meaning recording events as they happen. Mistakes, penalty counts, type of penalty, scrums, line outs, times of events etc

Thanks

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Do any assessors out there (or others) have a 'standardised' form that they use for match analysis? I'm meaning recording events as they happen. Mistakes, penalty counts, type of penalty, scrums, line outs, times of events etc

Thanks

These are the ones that come with the basic (CRDA) Assessors course.

View attachment 1694

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes, it's called a digital voice recorder.
How I then trap that data on a spreadsheet for analysis is, erm, somewhat idiosyncratic.

I'd find a methodology that works for you, assuming it doesn't have to be put on a mandated form.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
These are the ones that come with the basic (CRDA) Assessors course.

View attachment 1694
I knew I'd seen this before! Haggert had this screen protector thing going on with it so he could do all the data in all kinds of weather.

From a statistics point of view I prefer the IRB form for self reviews (in real-time there's not enough space to write; I'll use a voice recorder and take the stats on the IRB form to back it up, but sometimes this means having multiple pens, which is a pain in the arse).

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
what Phil has given is the basic start pack and the post match review forms.

At Group L5 we use a standard Group/Panel report Form for the written report (different to the basic Form1 & Form2 used at Society level) and a standard post-match assessment form for the de-brief.

During the match we collect minute x minute details on one form and non-compliances on a second form. Each assessor has his own version of the base form and may use slightly different codes (for example : for penalties they are T1 = tackler not releasing, T2 = tackled player not releasing ball, T3 = arriving player off his feet; for scrum SR = scrum reset, SC = scrum collapse, SW = scrum wheel (if illegal); etc)

Attachments

• DFEvidence codes.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 33
  • L5SimonT_Form2010.doc
    255 KB · Views: 26
  • NonComplianceMatch Sheet.doc
    69.5 KB · Views: 18

Iron_Lung

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
View attachment Match Statistics Form.xls

This is an excel version of the old 'Match Statistics Form'. I use it for post game analysis or in game, but you can't really use it when you coach as you spend all your time doing stats and not watching the game. Something for the wiki Rob?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
View attachment 1702

This is an excel version of the old 'Match Statistics Form'. I use it for post game analysis or in game, but you can't really use it when you coach as you spend all your time doing stats and not watching the game. Something for the wiki Rob?

which is why we have assessors / match observers and separate referee coaches for National Panel and Group L5. Interestingly we are becoming less stats driven as assessors, and on Sunday SWG Referee/Assessor/Coach meeting I expect to be told this season is even we will be even less stats driven.

At Federation & Society levels it becomes more of a combined 'adviser' role down to new starters when it is a mentor role primarily.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
View attachment 1702

Yes, indeed!

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
It's because you're a brand new member.

Takes a few posts for the system to put you through (and so we can see you're real and not a bot, or an spammer).

Hope that helps.

guilhem

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Re : Re: Match analysis form

ok thanks