Matching Numbers?

jdeagro

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Blue should have been Free Kicked for Numbers.

Thanks for this straight to the point answer.

Just to make sure, this is even under the condition following what ever USA law differentials there are?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
sigh - - go on then. I just don't believe that anyone ever said 'john smith, his book'

"whose book is that?"
"it's John Smith, his book"

nope. don't believe it.
I agree. I think that theory is discredited.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

Just to make sure, this is even under the condition following what ever USA law differentials there are?
[LAWS]
Definitions. Lineout players. Lineout players are the players who form the two lines that make a lineout.

Law 19.8 (c) The opposing team may have fewer lineout players but they must not have more.
[/LAWS]
The receiver is not a "lineout player".

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes

there is no USAR "law" and there is nothing different. the RFU wants it more strict than USAR - period. no big deal.

and no - you shouldn't free kick them - just tell them to stop doing it and don't go until they fix it. THEN if they do it again - you may escalate...but I have yet to see a team put in more on purpose.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
When forming the line it helps if you identify the number the throwers put in - you can then call that - "5 in, Gentlemen; 5 in"

If the opposition are too thick to react to that then why not FK them? I'm not their mom.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm not their mom.
Probably on account of you being neither female nor American. Although it has to be said that an argumentative Southern-based Yorkshireman defies most categorisation. :chin:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
That's me bang to rights.

But name me a non-stroppy Yorkshireman - regardless of current abode.