Mental Fitness

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Maybe that should be your start point and work backwards to find out how it is achieved..

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
So beginners should start with internationals and gradually move up to Level 15?
While there are degrees, there is indeed some merit to this. L.10 is much easier than vets. We take a new ref, fresh out of the box, and ask ourselves what is the best environment for him to develop his skills. Then we tell him to go police 30 players who have been conning far better refs than him for the last 25 years. I find that bizarre - while Vets treat the outcome of a game as a pretty inconsequential side-effect of their warm-up act for the evening's drinking, they are more than happy to play their well-honed tricks on a green ref.

I think there's a lot to be said for exposing a ref to the vets at L.10 as a management challenge, once he's got the basics under his belt.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
So beginners should start with internationals and gradually move up to Level 15?

Allmost OB, I think you know my meaning!

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Allmost OB, I think you know my meaning!
As a player, you know that as you move up you can spend more time on your own game and less on covering for other people's mistakes.

Until you hit your own limits, when you find they think and act faster than you, and now you are the one that others have to cover for.

Something similar happens in refereeing. The higher you go the more is expected of you.