NA4

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
I was just appointed to the NA4 as a TJ for the week. Ten days in Vancouver at an IRB sponsored event in an official capacity. Pretty Psyched. 3 games, plus all the coaching that goes with it...

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Congrats!

I'll look out for you on Mediazone.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Nice one Judah!

Looks like you'll get some snazzy IRB kit too.

Shame the site doesn't have anything on officials.

Brian Ravenhill

Referees in England
Post Likes
Judah

Congratulations, all that mind numbingly boring fitness trianing should pay off.

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
I believe it said mind numbingly boring fitness training.....which for the record does include your routine of high velocity sprints on a couch during sevens season!:clap:

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
What game?

Canada East v USA Falcons - June 29 at 4pm

Canada West v USA Hawks - June 29 at 6pm

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
June 29 Canada East vs US Falcons
July 3 Canada West vs US Falcons
July 7 Canada West vs US Falcons (Championship match)

It's not an IRB appt. It is a IRB Sanctioned event with USA Appt.

Not there yet!

J

ExHookah

Post Likes
Judah,

In the match from the 29th, there was a try that was disallowed, Draper awarded the defending team a 22.

The announcer was confused, and I could not get the match to rewind, but am I right in thinking that the guy trying to score dived over the dead ball line?

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
The call was made based on the fact that the Canada player stripped the ball from the USA players hands and threw it out the back. Happened really quick.

I'm assuming USA was attacking, Canada defending.

Judah, you make is sound as though the Canada player deliberately threw the ball beyond the dead ball line, having stripped it from the attacking player in-goal. If so, I would have expected a penalty to the USA on the 5m line, opposite where the player was when he released it, rather than a 22 to the defence.

Of course, if the act of stripping the ball meant that control was lost and it just happened to travel into touch, then assuming that USA took it into in-goal, the 22 is correct. USA player has to buy a jug for acting like a prima donna instead of just getting the ball to deck behind the line as quickly as possible (Law 23):Looser: :D .

ExHookah

Post Likes
The call was made based on the fact that the Canada player stripped the ball from the USA players hands and threw it out the back. Happened really quick.

OK, perfect. For some reason I could not "rewind" the mediazone feed back and forth.

What was your broad impressions of the setup in general up there? Seems like a good venue from what I could see, good facilities for the players etc?

Last edited:

ExHookah

Post Likes
Is this the American way of saying you thought it was a bad call...?

No, I think he's just illustrating why we couldn't see it on the single camera, webcasted coverage. He was right on the spot so I have no doubts about the call.

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
The call was spot on.

Referee is excellent. His age, fitness, demeanor, and intelligence bodes well for him to have a bright future and brilliant career