Off to Yorkshire

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Have been appointed to Old Brodleians v Pontefract on the 9th March.

Anything I need to know?

For the incomers to Glouc the fixtures are Cheltenham v Salisbury (6), Cirencester v Old Bristolians (7) and Stroud v Bristol Saracens (8).....

Many thanks

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well it can't be any worse than Gloucester :wink: :tongue:

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Tough up front, thick crowd. Move the tackler, ping em hard, YC and then offsides. Easy.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Move the tackler, ping em hard, YC and then offsides. Easy.
Sounds easy. Do the players know you're not allowed to give an offside PK until after the first card? If so, why not issue the card in the changing room during studs?

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sounds easy. Do the players know you're not allowed to give an offside PK until after the first card? If so, why not issue the card in the changing room during studs?

I would if I could :)

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am used to to the tough love approach from Glouc and the Forest :biggrin:

I was hoping for something useful like "avoid the post match sausages" or "they have a nice big heater in the refs changing room" or even " I know who your assessor will be be and he is a sweetie"........

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Let me know when you find out who your assessor is and I will give you the heads up

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
You don't normally need a passport but I haven't been that far north for a while so I'm not sure!:smile:
Also, when you get your report you could always try Google Translate to help you.:smile:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I got my car nicked from Old Brods last time I reffed there. Don't know if they've improved security since then but best to give your keys to the assessor.

Davet

Post Likes
Though if you then cannot see the "assessor" anywhere on the touchline during the game.... :)

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also, when you get your report you could always try Google Translate to help you.

I should be ok thanks Balones - lived in Harrogate for nearly 10 years (but some may argue that Harrogate is only part of Yorkshire in geographical terms.....

Thansk DrStu and AndyScott. We have had an increase in thefts from changing rooms this year so am more wary than I used to be but it would be a long walk home! I will let you know who the assessor is when I find out.

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am not the Assessor on this occasion, but I would like to confirm that all Assessors are sweeties!

Unless you define sweetie as 'having a face like a chewed up toffee'

Davet

Post Likes
I think Harrogate is the only part of Yorkshire that can accurately be described as "posh".

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I think Harrogate is the only part of Yorkshire that can accurately be described as "posh".

I dropped my colleague off at Ripon last month and I thought that the Cathedral and town square area both looked very nice.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I am not the Assessor on this occasion, but I would like to confirm that all Assessors are sweeties!

Unless you define sweetie as 'having a face like a chewed up toffee'

No we aren't - some of us are miserable, argumentative old sods :biggrin: But we all want to help the referees we watch development to or even beyond, their potential, and enjoy their refereeing.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Brods pitch slopes like buggery and if it's 0 degrees in Halifax then it'll be -3 in Hipperholme and that's before the wind starts.

Pontefract are gobby by all accounts but less so now Mr Eves seems have disappeared. Brods fell out of NE1 last year and seem to be heading close to doing likewise in Y1. Will probably be a dour arm wrestle.

There's someone at Brods who videos their matches.

Have fun!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
No we aren't - some of us are miserable, argumentative old sods :biggrin: But we all want to help the referees we watch development to or even beyond, their potential, and enjoy their refereeing.

i can confirm that Tim conforms to this statement..............................well the first bit anyway

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Have just had a call from my assessor. have sent you his name in a PM AndyScott in case you can give me a steer on any pet hates! (My Lancastrian heritage can't be on my side I know....)

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks for the PM AndyScott and the advice LLP, I have packed an extra base layer to combat the cold!

Good luck to those coming down to glos tomorrow....