One of our own on the telly!

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
There I was, watching Craig What's-his-Face on ITV-thingy's Guinness Premiership round-up show and there in the background officiating a game was indeed one of the RugbyRefs.com contributors! :bday:

So, guess who... and did anyone else spot him?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Was it Stu at Worcester?

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
While Gloucester and Worcester were warming up yesterday, a ball came over - I hoofed it back in the right general direction, and looked up to find myself looking straight down the lens of a TV camera. If that airs, I will be most embarrassed!

I didn't notice Craig Doyle at the match - only JP Doyle!

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
Nope - sorry, Stu - I didn't see you... and it wasn't Chopper...

... keep on trying!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Well I was up in Fylde, Lancashire yesterday (a natural appt for someone in Portsmouth!) so I doubt t was I sadly!

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I'm guessing it was whoever was reffing the Bath Ladies game. Not idea who though!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'm guessing it was whoever was reffing the Bath Ladies game. Not idea who though!

Wasn't BFG at Bath this weekend?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Thanks Wert! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I returned to my phone sat evening to a barrage of txt's from people watching the round up of the Bath Leeds game and commenting on "some big bas***d running around with the ladies":love: I'm normally one of the biggest on the pitch as it is but in that match i prob looked out of place!

Great game though played with a lot of heart, Bath winning 20-12 over Cheltenham in the "Blackthorn Cup" and yes they did share their winnings with me.

I missed ITV coverage yesterday as i was at a 7's:drool: anyone know where i can see it?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
it may be on ITV's equivalent of iplayer, or I understand that typically the show gets repeated sometime during the week at silly o'clock in the morning, so you could record it?

didds

Jacko

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Might be able to get my face on the telly this weekend. At HQ again this weekend, acting as reserve referee for one game and timekeeper for another. All good fun (even though I have absolutely no iea what I'm doing for either role...)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Might be able to get my face on the telly this weekend. At HQ again this weekend, acting as reserve referee for one game and timekeeper for another. All good fun (even though I have absolutely no iea what I'm doing for either role...)

So if we see some mad bloke in a tracksuit, with a clipboard and half a dozen stop watches, jump in front of the steadycam man, we'll know who it is :biggrin: :=

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
Have fun Jacko! :D

Oh, by the way - Old Redcliffians are from round these parts, so be nice if you're involved with them! :biggrin:

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
And Macclesfield don't ever infringe Jacko...EVER!!!

Jacko

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Lol - the Nat 2 Champions' cup game is the one I'm timekeeper for. They'd do well to upset me!!

And never infringing?? My memory from earlier in the season must be on the blink!!

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Lol - the Nat 2 Champions' cup game is the one I'm timekeeper for. They'd do well to upset me!!

And never infringing?? My memory from earlier in the season must be on the blink!!

Well, that's what the committee men say when I go down to watch them!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
And I bet they tell you that you're the best ref they've seen all season as well :)