Only helping the ref!

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Regardless of whether he's helped or hindered, I'd be very tempted to send him off. You can't set a precedent of saying it's okay for subs to enter the field of play during a melee. It's very poor form by him.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
He has done wrong.
I was referring back to the suggestion that in addition to issuing a card, one of the players should be removed. (I then dealt with the case of the sub's wrongdoing.)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Regardless of whether he's helped or hindered, I'd be very tempted to send him off. You can't set a precedent of saying it's okay for subs to enter the field of play during a melee. It's very poor form by him.

see my query in #15.. what then?

didds

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
He was trying to prevent a team-mate from joining in - rather different.

Once bench warmers start entering the field uninvited for good or evil - that way lie madness. Opposition see it and join in, spectators see in and join in. Didds'es bobby will have his work cut out.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Once bench warmers start entering the field uninvited for good or evil - that way lie madness. Opposition see it and join in, spectators see in and join in. Didds'es bobby will have his work cut out.
Of course they should not come on to the pitch, but such offences are not all equal.

Na Madrai

Referees in England
Post Likes
Of course they should not come on to the pitch, but such offences are not all equal.

On rare occasions, I have been involved in matches in which a fracas has started and substitute has entered the FOP and prevented a team mate from joining in and potentially escalating the situation. If the intent is C&O I would take a very lenient view. If the actions of the substitute escalated the situation, however .....

NM