Powerbands?!

SimplySimon

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Guys, what is the official line with wearing sillicone powerbands during a match?

I seem to remember being told that you couldn't wear the plastic charity bands during a game (a la livestrong, H4H etc). A number of these new powerbands appeared in the Autumn Internationals as below

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
in Hampshire Society appointed matches - tape it up or take it off

when the players are selected to play in Autumn Internationals or Premiership then perhaps IRB amd RFU wil allow them to be worn 'out open'

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
WOW!!!!

Where can I buy one of those Wombats?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
WOW!!!!

Where can I buy one of those Wombats?

From the news this week it appears gastric bands are more appropriate to the good folk of the West Midlands - fattest people in Europe - allegedly.:biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
From the news this week it appears gastric bands are more appropriate to the good folk of the West Midlands - fattest people in Europe - allegedly.:biggrin:

Wouldn't know, I'm from Warwickshire :confused:

No fat people in Yorkshire of course, too busy chasing after their ferrets and whippets :rolleyes:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Subject to weather, yes.

One team, who's Captain I sent off about 6 weeks ago........wonder if he will remember?

I'm sure he won't - there lots of 7' tall referees from Warwickshire aren't there?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'm sure he won't - there lots of 7' tall referees from Warwickshire aren't there?

Of course, we are the master race!!!

It's not like in Yorkshire where all referee's are anonymous, 5' 6" and referee in flat caps :nono: ...........appen.

SimplySimon

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
in Hampshire Society appointed matches - tape it up or take it off

when the players are selected to play in Autumn Internationals or Premiership then perhaps IRB amd RFU wil allow them to be worn 'out open'

Thanks Simon, that'll do for me - seen as though I missed out on selection for this year's 6 Nations :wink: