Promotion to L5

Chunky Charvis

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
I am really chuffed to say that I have been accepted onto South West Group for the coming season.

Am really pleased for my Society, Buckinghamshire, who have been fantastically supportive. And especially my coach Paul Stanley who is awesome!

Big thank you to Simon Thomas from RR who has been very supportive and watched me this season, and also given me great advice throughout.

Also thank you to everyone else on the RR forum for the advice over the last 3 seasons. I know I have got to L5 fairly quickly, and some have raised eyebrows at this (probably justifiably).
But hopefully this now proves that I have earned it.

The advice on here is incredibly helpful so thank you - the wealth of knowledge on this site makes it an absolute goldmine.

Looking forward to next season's big challenges already!

Waspsfan

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 5
'Chunky' Charvis just a nickname then? Obviously not as tubby as I had assumed!

Well done.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well done, that is no mean feat.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Well done young man, Now is when the hard graft starts! There is no place to hide and any little problems that you have need to be managed out of you pretty damn quick.... enjoy as the rewards are great .

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I am really chuffed to say that I have been accepted onto South West Group for the coming season.

Am really pleased for my Society, Buckinghamshire, who have been fantastically supportive. And especially my coach Paul Stanley who is awesome!

Big thank you to Simon Thomas from RR who has been very supportive and watched me this season, and also given me great advice throughout.

Also thank you to everyone else on the RR forum for the advice over the last 3 seasons. I know I have got to L5 fairly quickly, and some have raised eyebrows at this (probably justifiably).
But hopefully this now proves that I have earned it.

The advice on here is incredibly helpful so thank you - the wealth of knowledge on this site makes it an absolute goldmine.

Looking forward to next season's big challenges already!

fully deserved on performance, commitment and "ethical behaviour & image".

well done now push for Panel, and develop a West Country burr.

- - - Updated - - -

'Chunky' Charvis just a nickname then? Obviously not as tubby as I had assumed!

Well done.

ha ha - tubby he is not. Chunky is very fit with a well defined muscular build.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
fully deserved on performance, commitment and "ethical behaviour & image".

does he wear coloured boots?

as an aside: anyone else beleive that the silly all-pink strip the referees are wearing in the S14 makes them look like clowns and does nothing to improve their image and authority?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
you'll have to let us know when you're in the "west" of your patch, be good to meet for a beer :wink: well done mate!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
does he wear coloured boots?

as an aside: anyone else beleive that the silly all-pink strip the referees are wearing in the S14 makes them look like clowns and does nothing to improve their image and authority?

not when I have watched him that I am aware of - I think he wore Asics

agree re S14 pink kit - garish and presents the wrong image.

- - - Updated - - -

you'll have to let us know when you're in the "west" of your patch, be good to meet for a beer :wink: well done mate!

should be quite often going west as we have only got Amersham & Chiltern, Redingensians and Bracknell in the east.

Tring and Basingstoke are in National 3 London & SE

National 3 South West 2013/14 - http://tinyurl.com/n3sw13-14
National 3 London & South East 2013/14 - http://tinyurl.com/n3lse13-14

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

Of course not.......:wow:

View attachment 2567

I think kit all the same colour looks a bit rubbish (especially light coloured stuff). UK RL Super League kits are similarly awful. Broken up with a contrasting dark coloured pair of shorts pink looks ok.

They only wear the pinjk in NZ the other kits are the orange TNT shirt in Aus and the Dark Green in SA.

Anyway enough hi-jack. Well done agin to CC!!!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
yes well done CC.
yes - nothing wrong with a pink shirt, indeed I have one as back up to my favourite yellow, and I have no problems wearing it ...... with black shorts and black socks!

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Of course not.......:wow:

View attachment 2567

I think kit all the same colour looks a bit rubbish (especially light coloured stuff). UK RL Super League kits are similarly awful. Broken up with a contrasting dark coloured pair of shorts pink looks ok.

They only wear the pinjk in NZ the other kits are the orange TNT shirt in Aus and the Dark Green in SA.

Anyway enough hi-jack. Well done agin to CC!!!

Apologies to continue this....but just for context to the NZ pinkies.
They are sponsored by 'pink batts', which is a brand of fibreglass insulation rectangular batts for ceiling and walls that are all pink! Hence the all pink head to toe for the refs. Sorry if that's pointing out the obvious, but not sure if you have batts over there for your home insulation. I recently joked with Andrew Lees whether he was going to look better than Steve Walsh when dressed all pink and pretty. :pepper:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Apologies to continue this....but just for context to the NZ pinkies.
They are sponsored by 'pink batts', which is a brand of fibreglass insulation rectangular batts for ceiling and walls that are all pink! Hence the all pink head to toe for the refs. Sorry if that's pointing out the obvious, but not sure if you have batts over there for your home insulation. I recently joked with Andrew Lees whether he was going to look better than Steve Walsh when dressed all pink and pretty. :pepper:

yes, I think they should have declined that sponsorship offer. Or limited it to the shirt.

Waspsfan

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 5
What on earth does 'ethical behaviour and image mean'?!