Record Score

Na Madrai

Referees in England
Post Likes
Broke my personal record for scoring yesterday. Bottom of the table clash, home team 152 (24 tries), away team nil.

Now I know that we are supposed to remain completely neutral when refereeing, but I found it very hard indeed to play the full eighty minutes with one team so completely under the cosh. I know that points' difference can make all the difference at the end of the season but, once again, my main reason for refereeing is so that lads can have fun on a Saturday and neither team took any fun out of this rout.

Incidently, it is just me but this is the third Sunday in a row that I have had my matches cried off at the last minute?

NM

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Broke my personal record for scoring yesterday. Bottom of the table clash, home team 152 (24 tries), away team nil.
Holy Crap! That's a try every 3 minutes or so. If you factor in two minutes for the conversion, ball collection and restart, that sounds like Red caught the ball and ran it back, while Blue stood and watched. Disaster for all concerned. Bad luck!

Incidentally, it is just me but this is the third Sunday in a row that I have had my matches cried off at the last minute?
I can't say whether it's just you, but it's not me. I'm off to do Windsor v Fullerians at U.17 in half an hour.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Incidently, it is just me but this is the third Sunday in a row that I have had my matches cried off at the last minute?
NM
In our Reserve Leagues, results reported so far show that 8 matches out of 31 were cried off, most of them in the bottom leagues.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
this is what occassionally happens in leagues. That game was meaningless as a competition after 20 minutes probably The points for-against thing means the 80 minutes "had" to be played I guess.

didds

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
At that point, I'd just keep a running clock.

My personal record is 118-0 (18T 14C), using 25-minute halves. Seeing as this was a match between collegiate women with a fair number of rookies, the players camping out that night rewarded me handsomely :).

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
were the team's matched in terms of playing numbers, or was it 15 v 12 or something?

In the lower leagues of the Dutch union, our competition rules state that you may only play with a maximum of 1 player difference, to avoid the "we've only got 10 men, let's not bother going to the game" mentality.

I believe the world record score is held by a club here as well. A team that was in the premier league suddenly faced a mass exodus of players to other clubs and had to call up most of their second team, that played 3 divisions lower, to play at the top level here. They lost one game with a score of 185-0

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
personal record as ref: low 90's to nil (0-92 I think)

as a player; won a game 73-0 in my final official season as player. Scored my final try for my club in that game (but never say never....)

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm off to do Windsor v Fullerians at U.17 in half an hour.
And that didn't go well! Abandoned after 25 minutes of the 2nd half. :( And no, I won't be completing 30 RC reports!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
161 - 0.

In freezing snow. At Battery Park in the West of Scotland.