Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
well done anyway ex
keep plugging away
us ex-fr guys make the best refs - just that we cant keep up to prove it :)

simon - we had a guy go from 13 to north group in 3 seasons aged 17 to start with - he is in launceston next wek for a visit down south in his 4th season...

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
aged 21, reffing in Launceston ... jeez. Confident sort of a chap then!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Newboy - that is exceptionally quick promotion throught to Group and would have been a special 'fast track' approved by Paul Renton and his Federation guys. Good luck to him and hope he makes Panel.

Dixie - it would be unusual to have a 6+1 in most Societies as most level 5 matches (and all League and National Cup at that level) are appointed by the four regional Groups, and usually only squad members get them.

We certainly don't get a sniff to appoint to any level 5's and most level 6s are Federation appointed.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Not sure that would be Launceston, Newboy - they are in Div 2. Maybe he's on hols - nice part of the world! :wink:

As ST alludes, there are some natural talents out there (and I def don't mean "like me" in that respect!) who will come on baord and fly. Personally they annoy me, but Im just jealous! :D Not really - they generally have played well, or can read the game well - either way, I learn as much from them as from the old timers!