sad news- jason lees r.i.p.

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
sorry to interrupt ddjamo tour but some of you may not have heard of the tragic death yesterday of jason and his son, to those of us who knew him (even if only slightly) he will be remembered as one of the nicest ,most fun and smiliest refs around - a great guy and terrible loss.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Just read about it.

He was always polite and friendly in the few brief times I met him.

Don't know what to say, or if I want to say anything more.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
A terrible end to his life. Always a shame to see people take that route to end their problems. RIP

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
my thoughts are with Jason's family, his school (where I know he was highly respected) and Australia's refereeing community. A tragic loss for them all.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
So I read this at 6 AM this morning and went from shock, to overcome with emotion, to "get it together Bryan" in about a minute.

I stayed with Jason for 10 days in 2010 when I was in Oz. I remember playing with Brad, his son, on the floor of their living room. The kid was adorable.

Jason was by far one of the most positive, happiest guys I've met. He was so upbeat about everything: the kids at Churchie, the family in Brisbane, and even his love of refereeing was beyond anything I could even attempt to replicate. The man, from what I remember, was one fit, happy, bag of good times. He was so happy; I was there around the time of Brad's baptism, and the family couldn't have been happier.

I'm going to ask that folks refrain from posting anything for a while. My thoughts are with Jason's family right now. This isnt the place for explaining things like this; the focus should be on his family, not on the event itself.

Last edited: