Single stud on toe of boot?

Carl_1986

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
From Hurricanes v Bulls on Saturday morning.

I'm not blind am I (I know I wear glasses so I thought I'd check!)?

Attachments

• IMG-20110405-00005.jpg
    IMG-20110405-00005.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 20

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Great spotting but where did the photo come from? Was it a player sitting on the bench after being substituted and is it only part of an original photo (ie: cropped photo)?

Just noticed the samsung in the pic so I'm now guessing it is a still you have taken from your TV of an injured player???

Casey Bee

Referees in England
Post Likes
Great spotting but where did the photo come from? Was it a player sitting on the bench after being substituted and is it only part of an original photo (ie: cropped photo)?

Looks like it's a photo taken from a still screen shot on a TV screen??

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
And I wonder what sort of a stud check they do at elite levels. Seems that the scrum feed, scrum collapse etc is not the only area of law they allowed to ignore.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I know it's a leap of the imagination and possibly not in good taste but what if either intentionally or accidentally that player caused a Gavin Quinell type injury - where would that leave the referee (or his ARs if delegated) and his stud check?

Would sending that still to POB set a rabbit off?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
be very interesting to find out who that player is and then check the make of his boots, i can't see anything on there to indicate which brand it is:chin:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
it's probably a water carrier wearing soccer boots.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Its definitely a Hurricanes player.

Quite apart from the "yellow" in the picture (which could be anything) the Bulls have solid mid-blue tops on dark blue socks, Hurricanes have black socks with yellow rings at the top.

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
with the size of that ankle and calf I would say it's our friend in CT...

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
you have a friend in Connecticut?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
ddjamo, here's an avatar for you

Last edited:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
sad to say I don't get the joke....my "friend" in CT put my signature up...I am only guessing it's mr. sheen.

Carl_1986

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
It's the Hurricanes no. 3 lying down just after conceding a penalty for not rolling away at 09.03. I've taken a wider picture for context.

As already said, makes you wonder if they check the boots.

TheBFG - from what I can tell, they are Nikes, you can just about make out the tick. What's the point in manufacturing a boot if it's illegal?!

Attachments

• IMG-20110406-00006.jpg
    IMG-20110406-00006.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 11

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Nice TV Carl!

Perhaps we should email Paddy and ask him. I know that a few of us have his email address.

Jamo, Signature is a user field you can put anything you want in there. I just figured you needed something in there and added it after you asked me to change your "Referees in" field.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
TheBFG - from what I can tell, they are Nikes, you can just about make out the tick. What's the point in manufacturing a boot if it's illegal?!

They're not illegal in all sports.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Jamo, Signature is a user field you can put anything you want in there. I just figured you needed something in there and added it after you asked me to change your "Referees in" field.
Ex-Hookah (or should I call you Celine?), you of all people should be sensitive to the distress caused by people buqqering about with your profile. I spent a few years as Limahl in sympathy with your predicament, inspiring even Dickie E to peek through his closet door. If I'd have known you were just waiting to ambush poor Jamo ...

BTW, before ST wades in ... it's not a tick; it's a Swoosh!

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Nice TV Carl!
Are you living at the taxpayer's expense, Carl, or just in a dodgy area? We can see reflected in the TV the bars over the windows.

I think that Carl's excellent and perceptive "spot" should be brought to the attention of the authorities. Perhaps another one for the SA Refs site, just to ask whether they bother with kit checks - copy to Paddy.

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Ex-Hookah (or should I call you Celine?), you of all people should be sensitive to the distress caused by people buqqering about with your profile. I spent a few years as Limahl in sympathy with your predicament, inspiring even Dickie E to peek through his closet door. If I'd have known you were just waiting to ambush poor Jamo ...

BTW, before ST wades in ... it's not a tick; it's a Swoosh!

He asked me to do it!