Straight up thuggery

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Yes! Whatever you do don't tie your shoe laces anywhere near any of the 29 others on the pitch coz they could be a "pillock". Or perhaps they just voted for The Donald and even "packing heat"! And keep your eye on that dude with the whistle coz he might just jab you in the eye with it.

Personally, I haven't locked my front door for 30+ years and I even lived next to Mexicans! Today I couldn't find the keys even if I wanted to.

The pay back? I don't live in fear.

I didn't know you lived in Mexico.

I keep my keys under the confederate flag doormat at the back door to my trailer.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
And some "pillocks" play rugby, and one should watch out for these "pillocks", maybe expect these "pillocks", and keep up one's guard.

Hence, never let your guard down.

Are you for real?

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Be happy. not worth my time sorry.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Yes! Whatever you do don't tie your shoe laces anywhere near any of the 29 others on the pitch coz they could be a "pillock". Or perhaps they just voted for The Donald and even "packing heat"! And keep your eye on that dude with the whistle coz he might just jab you in the eye with it.

Personally, I haven't locked my front door for 30+ years and I even lived next to Mexicans! Today I couldn't find the keys even if I wanted to.

"Guyseep likes this post."

Not surprising Guyseep (and so do I). I guess we could expect this, given your southern neighbour might have only three times our gun ownership rate, while they have 10 times our gun murder rate.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I guess we could expect this, given your southern neighbour might have only three times our gun ownership rate, while they have 10 times our gun murder rate.

Based on your fact, a 300% increase in gun ownership brings a 1000% in gun murder rate.

Do you believe this is due the culture of gun ownership, or other variables, or both, or something else?

And, back to the subject at hand, do you believe gun ownership had anything to do the player in white getting kicked by the player in black?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

Do you lock your car when you go into Walmart? Do you use passwords to protect financial information? Do you have a passcode to open your garage door? Do you want restrictions on gun ownership in the US? You live in fear, you just don't own a gun. Nor do I, but I do have 2 cock a poo that bark at anything and everything.

Now back to question at hand, do you the the kickee in the video regrets not paying attention to his surrounding (keeping his guard up)? or does he blame his situation entirely on the kicker? The kickee is the victim, it was a crime, but if he had 2 cock a poo dogs would this have happened?

Keep your guard up, there are "pillocks" in this world. It is not fear it is smart. It even been survival.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Do you lock your car when you go into Walmart? Do you use passwords to protect financial information? Do you have a passcode to open your garage door? Do you want restrictions on gun ownership in the US? You live in fear, you just don't own a gun. Nor do I, but I do have 2 cock a poo that bark at anything and everything.

Now back to question at hand, do you the the kickee in the video regrets not paying attention to his surrounding (keeping his guard up)? or does he blame his situation entirely on the kicker? The kickee is the victim, it was a crime, but if he had 2 cock a poo dogs would this have happened?

Keep your guard up, there are "pillocks" in this world. It is not fear it is smart. It even been survival.

What are you talking about mate? I reckon you're off your rocker on this.

A guy can't do his bootlegs up on a rugby pitch anymore.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I think we might all be missing NKW's point.... and I, for one, am happy to do so!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Can we direct the conversation back to the subject at hand - sensibly - otherwise the Mods have to go to a quiet room and chat about what to do.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Can we direct the conversation back to the subject at hand - sensibly - otherwise the Mods have to go to a quiet room and chat about what to do.

Agreed 100%, please note the insightful & informative posts below from one of our regular contributers

Old, old news - at least in America.

It's even worse than it looks because the perpetrator wasn't a registered player. Over here, that's a program killer.

Victim blaming much?

Occam's razor: some people are just assholes.

Bless your heart.
Go the USA Referee Facebook page. That should help you calibrate.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
What are you talking about mate? I reckon you're off your rocker on this.

A guy can't do his bootlegs up on a rugby pitch anymore.

sorry Damo, the crux of that post was response to Chris R post.

Certainly a player can tighten laces, but in this case the player in white left an opponent pissed at him (intentionally or unknowingly). He is participating in a rugby game not ping pong. One of these is inherently more combative. The kicker (who approached form blind side and interestingly kicked with left foot) is totally at fault here, but I bet the player in white wishes he had paid better attention. Perhaps maybe keeping his guard up or alert to his surroundings.

The cock a poo (dog breed) reference in my post was symbolic of the player in white ability to self protect. Which he did not use his dogs.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Certainly a player can tighten laces, but in this case the player in white left an opponent pissed at him (intentionally or unknowingly). He is participating in a rugby game not ping pong.

You're making an assumption based on facts not in evidence. Some people don't need a reason to enact foul play - they just orient that way.

If you're going victim blame, please provide evidence instead of settling on post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

All the available data suggests that the kicker was a bad actor. There is nothing to suggest that the kickee is at fault in any way.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
*off to get some popcorn and a comfy seat*

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
If you're going victim blame, please provide evidence instead of settling on post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

I don't think NKW is victim blaming. I think he is suggesting that if you've been involved in an "incident" (heavy tackle, push & shove, whatever) you're not doing yourself a favour if you don't keep a weather eye open for a time.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I thought he was just being facetious.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
You're making an assumption based on facts not in evidence.

The fact and evidence both show the player in white getting kicked in the head. The fact is he did not now it was coming. My assumption is was not prepared for such a kick as he let down his guard/ or more politely he was not aware of his opponent.

Some people don't need a reason to enact foul play - they just orient that way.

Yep, watch out for them, they may approach when you are tying your shoe.

I do not speak Latin, but I have been to Latin America. I think they spoke Spanish, so I didn't hear Latin there either.

All the available data suggests that the kicker was a bad actor. There is nothing to suggest that the kickee is at fault in any way.

Agree, but one of them wasn't paying attention when he should have been. If you are on the park, pay attention. Keep your guard up or you may not be playing next week/year. The video is proof of that.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I don't think NKW is victim blaming. I think he is suggesting that if you've been involved in an "incident" (heavy tackle, push & shove, whatever) you're not doing yourself a favour if you don't keep a weather eye open for a time.

Well THX, TBH if your on the park, be ready. Be ready for anything.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I thought he was just being facetious.

I arrive at the L/O and notice the man who has been jawing at me the whole game standing behind the touch judge, He is hilljack, red bandana on head, a half drunk bottle of Jack, and six bottles of Budweiser at his feet. I decide to ref this L/O from about 20m mark on LOT, not at front of line.

Is this

1. Paranoid
2. Nervous
3. Cautious
4. Facetious

If you play along I'll give correct answer.