The Cheats Charter

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
The one time I've seen a match played under similar arrangements (a long time ago and in a completely different sport), it came with the understanding that anyone who got themselves sent off would go straight to the bottom of the pile for having a suspect temperament, which seemed to work well enough.

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Knows he can't be sent off.

He can be sent off, and probably not selecyted for next level

But his teammates ability to impress and the oppositions ability to have their efforts not dismissed or downplayed aren't affected

(I saw a very good centre miss out on selecton in a side once because a similar thing happened. Selectors comments were something along the lines of "well he only looked good because the other mob were short")

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
A Red Card would still be reported and dealt with accordingly, so that's not quite correct, but like others I do think this should have been thought about slightly better. As others have said if you get binned you're not going to get seen so potentially miss out on the selection for "region".

I have batted this back to the society and have seen it move "up the tree", however I've yet to have a reply even though I've been told I would?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have batted this back to the society and have seen it move "up the tree", however I've yet to have a reply even though I've been told I would?

A lot of Societies have done the same - and now rapidly escalating up RFU management tree levels and lots of very unhappy Officiating Volunteers who were not consulted about this. RFRU are involved now.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
which is why i'm guessing there's not been a reply (stinks of the leggings row!)