this is starting to have the smell of inevitability ...

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
As The Donald would say: "It's sad. Very sad."

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Inevitable? Hell, I hope not for all our sakes.

I just can't believe that in a country the size of the US, that Trump is considered one of the best.

Last edited:

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The perils of a two party system. To get the party nomination the candidate has to appeal to the "base". That is the rabid bottom feeders of the right and the bleeding heart wishful on the left. The sensationalist press exacerbate the problem.

The only candidate worth considering, James Webb, couldn't get any coverage until the notice that he pulled out. Of the race, that is.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
The perils of a two party system. To get the party nomination the candidate has to appeal to the "base". That is the rabid bottom feeders of the right and the bleeding heart wishful on the left. The sensationalist press exacerbate the problem.

The only candidate worth considering, James Webb, couldn't get any coverage until the notice that he pulled out. Of the race, that is.

My first political act after naturalizing was to donate to Webb's campaign.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I just can't believe that in a country the size of the US, that Trump is considered one of the best.

Compared with Tricky Dicky, the peanut farmer, the actor..........:shrug:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

Not sure of your comparison and which direction you are heading. Each of those three had military experience, 2 in the Navy, Ronnie was in army motion picture unit.

Two were governors, tricky was in all three branches of government before becoming president.

So each was more qualified than Trump in those regards.

Trump, however, did not get to be worth 10 billion on his own. He certainly has acted as a decision maker and must rely on his staff to make decisions on his behalf or follow staff guidance. He also appeals to an ignorant electorate a.k.a. low information voters.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Not sure of your comparison and which direction you are heading. Each of those three had military experience, 2 in the Navy, Ronnie was in army motion picture unit.

Two were governors, tricky was in all three branches of government before becoming president.

Trump, however, did not get to be worth 10 billion on his own. He certainly has acted as a decision maker and must rely on his staff to make decisions on his behalf or follow staff guidance. He also appeals to an ignorant electorate a.k.a. low information voters.

My understanding is that a) that $10bn is a very questionable number and b) with his inherited wealth he'd be better of having just followed the market passively and c) Paris Hilton has done better than him.

Hilton in 16?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

My mistake in red. Tricky was not a supreme court justice. He was congress,senate, VP.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
My understanding is that a) that $10bn is a very questionable number and b) with his inherited wealth he'd be better of having just followed the market passively and c) Paris Hilton has done better than him.

Hilton in 16?

Was she born in US? or US parents?

I do not think she is 35 yrs.

It is too late on ballot to get caucus for Iowa, NH, Fla, and SC.

Has she been convicted of a felony?

Is she getting investigated by FBI?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
At least both had political experience before being elected President.

I could be wrong, but Trump strikes me as being the sort of bloke who open his mouth and worries about the consequences later.

Which isn't too bad if you run a golf-course, but a different story when you're in charge of the big red button.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Was she born in US? or US parents?

I do not think she is 35 yrs.

It is too late on ballot to get caucus for Iowa, NH, Fla, and SC.

Has she been convicted of a felony?

Is she getting investigated by FBI?

She turns 35 in February. A brokered convention. She has as much credibility as a candidate as Trump.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
She turns 35 in February. A brokered convention. She has as much credibility as a candidate as Trump.

Geez Simon, I at least try to disguise my affiliation and not allow it to cloud clear thought.

Trump is essentially a draft dodger and used college deferment to his advantage. I personally do not believe disqualifies him from President since the precedent has already be set. I would favor a veteran like jim Webb, Leslie Graham, Jim Gilmore. Unfortunately these men have some flaw that makes them unelectable in eyes of US citizens.

Paris does not have a college education, and I do not believe she graduated a high school. Also not a disqualifier. She does have arrests for drug possession and dui. The latter also not disqualifing in the case of GW Bush. I strongly believe, that based on her possession, that she is a habitual user. Marijuana use is not a disqualifier, based on our current member of the choom gang.

I do believe that the POTUS' use of marijuana as a teen ager has affected his sense of decision making even as an adult. He is a coward and a narcissist. His wife will probably divorce him by Feb '17. She has recently suspiciously remained quiet, and will probably be credited for keeping our nation out of crisis caused by gossip of a divorce while in office.

So I cannot support Paris. I really do not know much about Jim Webb, but he should be alright based on his ability to write songs for Glen Campbell

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Oh eff me. You're one of THOSE.

I - somewhat obviously - wasn't being serious regarding la delectable Hilton. I'm also baffled by the idea that you need to have had military service to be a serious candidate.

Unfortunately, I don't think the credible Republican's are running - John Huntsman would have been a good candidate, for example. None of the current GOP front runners brings any kind of credibility to their candidacy.

And the current President is a narcissist and coward? Based on what exactly?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
it's hard to blame young americans from working the system to escape the fiasco that was vietnam!

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I at least try to disguise my affiliation and not allow it to cloud clear thought.

All evidence to the contrary.