Tour protocol (plaques, ties)

MiniRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Please can anyone advise me here? When on tour, or receiving a team on tour, we have a plaque/pennant for exchange. We also have a club tie for exchange with the captains.
What about when the two clubs meet again, in either the same age group or a different age group (where age group may be senior, or one of the junior ages) - do you still exchange another plaque / pennant, or just ties? Or something completely different?

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Nothing. The first time you meet, you do the pleasantries. Then you play. I imagine that Bath must have met Gloucester for the first time at some point, adn they probably exchanged plaques etc. I'd be amazed if they still do.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
no, now they just kick the c**p out of each other:D

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
i dunno - at age group level - which I think the OP is asking about - each age group is like a club within a club. If the U14 visit Llanpwlli RFC on tour I don't think either team will hav the faintest idea that the current U17 played eachother five years ago when they were u12.... so give them a tie.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
We've taken plaques and ties in the UK (U14 and U15). I don't think they'd seen a tie in Wigton!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Our final "hosts" never received their plaque because the miserable b@stards all pissed off when they got beaten - all of them - only the lad behind the bar :bday: and the ladies who cooked the food stayed. It was re-desiganted as a man of the tour trophy instead. Picturesque club - rubbish hosts. (Not in Cumbria, Ciaran and Bill :wow: )

We took ties to Holland and Italy (U14 and U15 different son & different club)but the captains didn't look too impressed - it was a teenage thing rather than a lack of gratitude. "You mean I've got to wear it - what NOW?"

The Dutch gave us clogs (honest) and the Italians gave us all little pin badges. The kids also swapped their tour shirts with their conterparts.