U18's 40 point lead - who do you offer it to?

davidgh

Referees in England
Post Likes
Subs required, really depends on the level of Rugby being played - try playing Brighton, Ampthill or Upminster u12s without subs - good luck

With regard to playing time - the law is quite clear whether for u12, 13 etc ... isn't it?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
- In a U13 league you really need - what - minimum four subs? Ideally five.

depends on how you view the leagues. i despise the actions that our leagues have caused some clubs to take. we've had requests to call off league games because the opposition are missing one or two key players. they now get told to poke it.

i've certainly had youth teams go to league matches with a bare 15 players. to say that you need a minimum of 4 subs i think is wrong. it can be nice to have them, but not essential.

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Subs required, really depends on the level of Rugby being played - try playing Brighton, Ampthill or Upminster u12s without subs - good luck

With regard to playing time - the law is quite clear whether for u12, 13 etc ... isn't it?

What are you trying to say?:nono:

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It's not a choice down in Victoria in under 18's if the difference is 50 points the game gets called off. Most of the time the game gets called with 2 or 3 minutes to go except once when the game got called off 2 minutes into the second half of an under 14's game. The winning teams coach wanted to call it off but the losing teams coach and captain wanted to carry on. I left it to the captains to sort out and they would be the ones playing and we swapped a few players around and then played another 20 minutes. Was good to see that both captains wanted to play on even though one of them had been smashed.

davidgh

Referees in England
Post Likes
Greg

Merely that Paul's mighty u12s are just that. Injuries happen. No implications or disrespect for these teams - ONLY RESPECT!!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
regarding number of subs : our league allows seven at U13s

U13s is no different from adult levels - if you have 2 subs and then the opposition have seven you are potentially at a massive disadvantage. Assuming all seven are capable players then seven fresh pairs of legs can be extremely effective.

Personally I am of the view that seven is far too many: it means too many U13s on league days are standing on touchlines rather than acually playing, and at our club we rarely take more than four subs, for that reason. Much better to let the other three train and play a game. However this can disadvantage us.

If I ran the U13 leagues I would propose limiting subs to 4

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
U13s is no different from adult levels - if you have 2 subs and then the opposition have seven you are potentially at a massive disadvantage.

depends on whether winning is the primary objective.