USA President predictions

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Not sure many of this forum are concerned, but I have prepared my prediction for who will be taking the oath of office on January 20th, 2013.

In Ohio we are constantly discussing and asked our opinions on this matter. We are referred to as a swing state. This refers to our importance in this years election and not our state's available marital arrangements.

Despite my grassroot efforts to get John McCain to finish third in then general election and allow his chance to be President, I predict that Joe Biden will be President of the US on 20 January 2013.

Remember, this is the first you heard it on Rugbyrefs.com

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
In the event of the assassination of President Obama in Ohio between the election and the swearing in, NKW, you are in deep, deep sh!t.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
In Ohio we are constantly referred to as a swing state.

It's a lifestyle choice :D

On a personal note I hope Obama gets back in and is able to make the reforms that he's been stymied from carrying out.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Eck, Didn't mean that Dix.

I'm depending upon a 269 / 269 tie in the electoral college. The new Congress must then decide Pres. The new Senate decides VP. In the event Congress can't make up their mind by 20 Jan. The VP goes as Pres. until they do. Senate is mostly Democratic so Biden will win in Senate.

A lot of things have to fall in place, but believe or not a
Romney/ Biden whitehouse is more likely than my Biden scenario

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
It's a good theory and Paddypower are only offering 25/1 on the Electoral College tie, so not a bizzare long shot.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Hides it well in the pics I've seen! Much better than they hide it in Bangkok!

(Apparently)

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Who'd have ever thought that possibly the most pivotal figure in the election would be Chris Christie, a guy who ruled himself entirely out of it two years ago?

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
The other day I mailed my absentee ballot (through the schools mail room), about 5 mins later I realized that I had sent out a blank ballot. Luckily the mail room mail hadn't been picked up.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
My only thought on this is - please, not Romney.

Any state that puts the ideology of the free market above the safety and survival of its citizens cannot be an ethical state, any more than one which believes that its citizens are wholly subordinate to the will of the state.

Sanity lies somewhere between.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
My only thought on this is - please, not Romney.

Why doesn't Obama just stand up and say "Don't vote for him, he's a blithering idiot!".

Then again, America has a history of voting such people into the whitehouse.
Peanuts anyone?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Why doesn't Obama just stand up and say "Don't vote for him, he's a blithering idiot!". Then again, America has a history of voting such people into the whitehouse. Peanuts anyone?
Jimmy Carter was PotUS before I was old enough to take politics seriously, but was he a bad President then?

We seem to forget that the US once voted Dan Quayle as Vice President. I bet there were a few twitchy arses around the world when George Bush senior collpased. Bloody hell Quayle was thick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

Last edited:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Well the Mayan great cycle ends this year - electing Romney would explain that.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Obama's kept a reasonably consistent slight lead in the states that matter all the way since the start of the year. Even the wobble after the first debate was only enough to push the important races into "damned close-run thing" territory from "it'll be close but we're probably okay", and he's now firmly back there again. Never mind his national approval rating or suggestions he'll lose the popular vote; he's leading by a long nose where it's most important.

(N.B. These comments assume that the pollsters haven't cocked it all up again, which is of course entirely possible.)

TNT88

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
The US presidential election is the best source of comedy on the planet. . It's a huge farce, on one side you have a bunch of mildly progressive so called "liberals", who try to pretend they are doing something for the lower class, while forever pleasing their corporate overlords. And on the other side you have a bunch of people who want to cut government programs for the sake of cutting them, and literally believe all their problems will be solved by reducing taxes left right and centre.

Americans constantly go on about how much of a tragedy their national debt is, but as soon as someone suggests that US citizens or companies pay the bill themselves - all hell breaks loose. The idea that the best way to pay off debt is to lower government revenue has actually become a mainstream viewpoint.

Even the most conservative friends of mine get a good laugh out of the republican party. We post clips of their speeches and debates on facebook for humor. If only people in the US knew the whole world was watching on in laughter at what their system that is dictated by money has become.

I'll leave this here:

Last edited: