USA Rugby - bankrupt

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I understand that RA were asked at their AGM if they were operating near or insolvent and they refused to answer

Didn't table financials I think

Luckily the government has suspended the penalties for trading while insolvent

Sooner Twiggy comes riding in on his mighty steed the better

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
You don't need WTR. You can use Excel, as we have for years with no issue
Do you write your own functions in Excel? WTR provides them for you. In England they even download for us all relevant fixtures from the RFU's Game Management System.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Adult Club - In my area the Empire Geographic Union is meeting (virtually) to determine if they will go off on their own, or join new National association of unions.

Collegiate - The National Small College Rugby Organization has changed to National Collegiate Rugby Organization in an effort to encompass more large colleges and universities. They have secured their own insurance coverage and intend to break away from USAR.

Referee Society - For the past couple years USAR paid for a membership to WhosTheRef, this has expired, and our access will soon be revoked. We will need to purchase this service as we previously had. Insurance coverage is up in the air, our coverage though membership in USAR may be ending, and we will need to obtain our own coverage.

So a possible total split into multiple NGBs does that mean? Leaving the refs separated from them all and having to manage some sort of multiple arrangement, or is it likely that there will be refs sections of such multiple unions and individuals will get pulled across possibly clashing interests - or will just plump for one possibly leaving the other unions short of refs?

cheers

didds

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
So a possible total split into multiple NGBs does that mean? Leaving the refs separated from them all and having to manage some sort of multiple arrangement, or is it likely that there will be refs sections of such multiple unions and individuals will get pulled across possibly clashing interests - or will just plump for one possibly leaving the other unions short of refs?

cheers

didds
Although under one NGB, my Society currently serves:
The Adult Clubs - known as Capital GU.
College Men D1A
College Men D1AA - Chesapeake Conference
Women Colleges - Mason Dixon
Women Colleges - Subset Capital GU
College Men D2 and D3 - Cardinals/NSCRO
Youth - Rugby Virginia.

These are all autonomous bodies who do not work together.

USA R or non USA R, life fr my Society is not likely to change much.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Luckily the government has suspended the penalties for trading while insolvent

As someone who has been made "redundant" (being told that as the MD is no longer travelling he will be doing your technical work = not a genuine reason for redundancy added to the fact that he is one of the worst technical engineers I've ever seen) I think the loosening of restrictions on insolvent trading is going to be widely abused as the squeeze goes on to completely spend all cash reserves to wipe out severance payments for employees.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Not liking your redundancy, obviously, just your reasoning