Using the Forum

Bill Lee

Referees in England
Post Likes
Re: Free Kick – oppo not back 10m

As Rob M W has had his query sorted, perhaps you two gents can answer some of my queries about the Forum.

1) Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive explanation of how to do all and everything associated with the Forum.

2) What does the vCash denote. ddjamo has a figure of 500, Greg Collins has a figure of 708

3) Do members read all posts or if time is short use snapshots, probably not ideal if the full discussion is not always read.

4) I haven't tried to do a thread, or quote as yet.

5) Greg, I am assuming that your..."Players & coaches don't give a S*** etc is what is termed your signature....or is it.??

You can see from the above queries that I need educating...BIG TIME.

Bill Lee

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
As Rob M W has had his query sorted, perhaps you two gents can answer some of my queries about the Forum.

1) Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive explanation of how to do all and everything associated with the Forum.
Explore. Ask.

2) What does the vCash denote. ddjamo has a figure of 500, Greg Collins has a figure of 708
No idea.

3) Do members read all posts or if time is short use snapshots, probably not ideal if the full discussion is not always read.
I click on New Posts and usually read the lot - eventually.

Just click the button marked New thread or Quote.

5) Greg, I am assuming that your..."Players & coaches don't give a S*** etc is what is termed your signature....or is it.??
Yes - you can set one up by clicking on User CP.

You can see from the above queries that I need educating...BIG TIME.

Bill Lee
Enjoy!

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
yea!! what is my v cash??? have no f'ing idea!!!??? could it be I ordered from the shop? wrist lanyards....

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
yea!! what is my v cash??? have no f'ing idea!!!??? could it be I ordered from the shop? wrist lanyards....
Don't think so DDJ. I've got 500 and I've never ordered anything from the shop. :chin:

I did try ordering the pencils once, but it crashed and I gave up.

.1) Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive explanation of how to do all and everything associated with the Forum.
If you want to do anything just ask and someone will tell you. This forum is very similar to a motorbike forum I've subscribed to for years, so trust me quotes, polls, inserting photos etc are all easy when you've had a bit of practice. :D

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Re: Free Kick – oppo not back 10m

That's a pretty broad question, and OB's suggestion was right!

Historically, there was an on-line betting thing that some folks participated in that used the vcash. It does NOT translate to shop goodies :)

No idea. Like OB, I go to "New Posts" and then click on the "go to first unread post" on each thread. I am dorky enough to read each and every thread and each and every post!

Go to "Forums"; choose the most appropriate forum, and then just start the new thread.

As OB says.

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Bill I suspect my stash of cash is something to do with a predictathon we had last season.

The signature - mine's there to remind ME to MTFU when reffing and stop being such a tolerant liberal wimp in the middle.

Enjoy yourself in here - a great bunch of guys from whom I have learnt loads

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Bill, perhaps you could write the User Guide as you play around and get familiar with it all?

I click the New posts, and read 'em all from the bottom up. When I reach the top, I do it again, and get what's been added while I was phaffing about. Every now and then I accidentally shut down the browser before finishing - if you then click QuickLinks, Today's Posts, you get to see the ones with unread stuff on them.

When going through a thread, I'll see something I may want to quote in a response, but am aware of the possibility someone else has already addressed it. Bottom right of every post, there's 3 buttons - the Quote button and two others. Click the middle button, and it logs the post as one to quote when you eventually decide to click any Quote button on that thread. You can then delete as appropriate.

When quoting, you edit out the extraneous stuff to leave the text you want to quote. Be aware that if you select up to the final [/quote] for deletion, you are likely also (due to a system glitch, not your fault) to delete the first square brackets, as a result of which your quote won't work properly. So if you wanted to delete the bolded words above, selected them and pressed Delete, you'd also accidentally delete the square bracket after the bold section. As a result, your quote would display as:

When quoting, you edit out the extraneous stuff to leave the text you want to quote. /quote]

When that happens, click the Edit button (which appears at the bottom of your posts, and only your), add the square bracket back in after the full stop, and click Save. You will then display:
When quoting, you edit out the extraneous stuff to leave the text you want to quote.

Use the Browser's Back button to get you back to the list of unread posts.

That's all you really need to get yourself going. Enjoy - and do write that user guide:)

Bill Lee

Referees in England
Post Likes
Many thanks to all of the following who replied to my numerous queries on how to use the Forum.

OB.. / ddjamo / Taff / Simon Smith / Greg Collins / Dickie E / Dixie.

I have printed off every post (1 to 10) and could be well on the way to having the basis of a user guide. Would be happy to receve any additional information or step by step procedure for any aspect of the forum from any other user. I have explored and managed to get part way into how things work but reckon it will take some considerable time to get to the level of the OB's and Ian Cooks of the Forum.

Thanks again

Bill Lee

Bill Lee

Referees in England
Post Likes
[QUOTE
I have printed off every post (1 to 10) and could be well on the way to having the basis of a user guide. I have explored and managed to get part way into how things work but reckon it will take some considerable time to get to the level of the OB's and Ian Cooks of the Forum.

Thanks again

Bill Lee[/QUOTE]

Please ignore this Post as I am simply trying out the advice given to me in earlier posts. The last thing I want to do is screw up an important debate, or to prove what a D***head I am.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
[QUOTE
I have printed off every post (1 to 10) and could be well on the way to having the basis of a user guide. I have explored and managed to get part way into how things work but reckon it will take some considerable time to get to the level of the OB's and Ian Cooks of the Forum.

Thanks again

Bill Lee

Please ignore this Post as I am simply trying out the advice given to me in earlier posts. The last thing I want to do is screw up an important debate, or to prove what a D***head I am.[/QUOTE]

[sarcasm] You failed in quoting:wow: [/sarcasm]

As in the classless example I have just used, quotes are defined by their HTML so the reason that your quote didn't work is because the original quote has lost its closing bracket ([quote instead of
). This displays all the following text as a quote until it sees a sign to not quote anymore, which in your case is
. So, you see in my reply I turned sarcasm on and then off:)

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
where is this vCASH bizzo

I dont see vCASH against ddjamos name or anyone else's for that matter?

And how do I get my avatar to display bigger, like DrStu's

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ian, you have 500 Forums of vCash. I see it below the "My Photos" section of your details to the left of every one of your posts. Perhaps as you live so far south, it has fallen below the display area of your monitor?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Ian, you have 500 Forums of vCash. I see it below the "My Photos" section of your details to the left of every one of your posts. Perhaps as you live so far south, it has fallen below the display area of your monitor?

There are two formats for the Forum. You can choose from the box right at the bottom which says "Style in Development" or "Rugbyrefs Red". The former is primarily blue and the latter red. I use the red version because it makes better use of the screen width, but it does not show things like vcash.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

????????

Last edited: