Wales quickly taken PK...

mcroker

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
...after a yellow card, whilst England had a man off the field being subbed and water and physios were on the field.

I’m not sure I would have allowed play to resume. Still will teach England to wake up....

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
...after a yellow card, whilst England had a man off the field being subbed and water and physios were on the field.

I’m not sure I would have allowed play to resume. Still will teach England to wake up....

Well we can agree on this one!:)

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Eddie Jones promised England would be brutal. Funny, I hadn’t imagined he mean in this sense of the word.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
No need for VAR. What’s needed is for Eddie to be absolutely brutally honest with his squad. Caught napping like some shower of amateurs. Some uncomfortable things need to be said. England coach was frantically scribbling in his notebook during the game.

dickell

Post Likes
Well we can agree on this one!:)

What are you agreeing with, Balones? That England needed to be more awake, or that the referee was wrong to allow the penalty to be taken while assorted bods were on/off the pitch?

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The refereee shouted "wait wait" but didn't bring it back!

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
What are you agreeing with, Balones? That England needed to be more awake, or that the referee was wrong to allow the penalty to be taken while assorted bods were on/off the pitch?

Both. Nothing in law was wrong strictly speaking other than England had too many players on the pitch at the time. I.e. player had not gone off. But I wouldn’t be happy as his coach because it could lead to all sorts of issues and lack of control. It was noticeable that he was perhaps a but tighter on his penalty restart control in the second half so perhaps somebody had words at half time. I don’t think there was time off so it’s down to the ref if he is happy with everything but there’s a good chance that accepted protocols were not followed. However, my experience is that such protocols are rarely written down.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
But bodies still running on/off the pitch is not right, surely?

I am not sure - can the YC player dictate the pace of the PK restart by dawdling as he leaves the pitch ensuring his team mates are ready?

I don't think the ref necessarily has to wait.

having said that - I think he made the mark a bit prematurely

Last edited:

dickell

Post Likes
I am not sure - can the YC player dictate the pace of the PK restart by dawdling as he leaves the pitch ensuring his team mates are ready?

I don't think the ref necessarily has to wait.

having said that - I think he made the mark a bit prematurely

But if the slow runner-off were a water-carrier or a medic....??

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
But if the slow runner-off were a water-carrier or a medic....??

From which team ?
I don't think white physios are entitled to slow up red PKs ..

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Even if it was a referee mistake, that in no way excuses professional players for being caught napping. Inexcusable in underage rugby, especially amongst teenagers aspiring to one day wear an England jersey. So that any member of the English camp should use that as an excuse would be beyond the pale. Amateurish at best, but paid for it «*on the nail*» as they say in Bristol. As crossref said, White had been penalized, so it’s not for them to dictate the pace of the restart.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So you were happy with the restart being taken in that situation ?

I think the ref was a few seconds too early ..

But generally , yes, I am ok

Wales didnt go quickly to take advantage of the YC and Physio being on the pitch ... They went quickly because England weren't paying attention ..

L'irlandais

Post Likes
The physio can be on the field of play, without time being off. As long as play isn’t impeded by their presence.

England won last weekend and Eddie Jones was immediately talking of winning the World Cup. One week later Wales win, and Eddie is like
They’re favourites for the World Cup now. I don’t have anything else to say. You give the number one ranking favourites for the World Cup
Doh, why?

Last edited: