[Law] Whats new 2016

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
It will be a very interesting start to new season .

and the world rugby press release has made it all lot more interesting!

In England we play a lot of games using the 'interchange' system, and anyone reading the WR press release
The replacement of a player injured following foul play does not count as one of the allotted number of replacements available to that team

will have the impression that replacing a player injured from foul play will not count as an interchange...
...but that's not what the Law says -- so it will.

Unless, I suppose, the RFU change the regs on interchanges to match the press release.

Anthony

Referee/Referee Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Just thought I would highlight an issue in the original post
Scrum
Scrum half of whose team does not have ball in scrum.
Can no longer fully follow around
He / she can go no further than opposition flanker
( not sure if its flakers feet as in hind foot situation ,,or nr 8 head )

I am already getting this from 9's and it represents a misunderstanding of the new law, which has NOT altered the off-side line for the defending 9, which is still both feet behind the ball, it simply prevents him from getting into the "pocket" between the back of the flanker and the side of the 8

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Just thought I would highlight an issue in the original post
Scrum
Scrum half of whose team does not have ball in scrum.
Can no longer fully follow around
He / she can go no further than opposition flanker
( not sure if its flakers feet as in hind foot situation ,,or nr 8 head )

I am already getting this from 9's and it represents a misunderstanding of the new law, which has NOT altered the off-side line for the defending 9, which is still both feet behind the ball, it simply prevents him from getting into the "pocket" between the back of the flanker and the side of the 8

That is exactly how it was described and played in the Aussie National Rugby Championship...

"Opposing scrum half is not allowed to enter the gap between the flanker and number 8, even if they stay behind the ball"