When it rains it pours!!!

Mickman

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Coaching an u15s side for my club. Inherited them from a parent who has coached them for the last few years and just wants a year be able to watch and not have the responsibility of training and all other facets that come with coaching.

They are a very skillful bunch and play with level heads and a great brand of running rugby. Anyway, to the point.

Despite 'hounding' the boys for the last fortnight to get onto their mates we still only have a squad of 17 players (18 as of next week).

'Unfortunately' and having such a skillful and talented bunch means that on our out of action list we have:
-3 players on NSW Country rep duties;
-one player who has been bed ridden all week and still hasn't improved;
-lastly, one player who has tore ligaments in his ankle last night while riding his scooter (get back inside on the playstation or xbox or something :mad: )!!

So, we have 12, yes, just 12 players for tonights game... disaapointing for all involved but hopefully it's not too common an occurance this season

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
sounds completely typical!

in our club we reckon that if you are playing in a league you need a squad of 25 for one team, and 45 for two teams. this allows for the inevitable injured/missing/got-lost lists...

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
-one player who has been bed ridden all week and still hasn't improved;
[hijack] A cub reporter fresh out of school was tasked with interviewing a resident of the local Senior Citizens' Residential Home, as this lady had just turned 100.

"And do you know, Sonny" she said proudly "I had all my children at home; that, and my diet of fish & chips and 15 cigarettes a day, means I've never even been inside a hospital in my life".

"Good Lord" says the Cub. "Do you mean you've never been bed-ridden in all your long years?"

"Of course I have, you fool, and table-ended: but there's no need to put that in your newspaper!" [/hijack]

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
[hijack]#2 'Doctor, I think my wife's dead.'

'What makes you think that?'

'Well, the sex is the same but the ironing is piling up!'

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
When it rains it pours!!!

The Lismore town motto? :D

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
If you can see those hills clearly, like now, it means it's going to rain very soon.

What if you can't see them clearly?

Ah, that means it is raining.