Where are you this weekend? 2014/15

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm at Derby v Huntingdon in Midlands 1 EN. I did this game last season and had an interesting day at the office. I think my thread is still in the Bad Experiences forum on here.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Midlands 3
Rugby St Andrews (again) v Stockwood Park

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Wells v Camborne (them of post gate from last year :wink: )

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
waiting to hear on the weather.

As many of our North American chums will attest, there's some nasty stuff going around at the minute. Was staying with my son over the weekend, and we got about three inches in an hour and half. On Thursday night he will get down to -27 celsius. I shall have a positively balmy -20 celsius.

I'm a bit worried that the pitch might be a bit hard.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hold your horses. a Lvl 8 club can't field a XV. My game canceled.

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
That's an exchange and a half! do you get to go over night?

Yes. I am looking at Gloucester to break the journey on Friday and then Exeter City centre for Saturday night. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated.:smile:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
How about not staying in Gloucester :wow:

M6/M5 on a Friday night is not my idea of a nice journey, good luck mate!

In all seriousness what are you looking for? The only place I know not far from the M5 is a place called Eastwood Park (and I don't mean the ladies prison!! :wink: ) It's usually a training venue but they have a number of nice rooms that they let out over the weekends and it's about 5 mins off the motorway at J14 of the M5.

Last edited:

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yes. I am looking at Gloucester to break the journey on Friday and then Exeter City centre for Saturday night. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated.:smile:

Sadly we have a house full or we could have helped you out. I do have some hotel experience (sell them for a living, odd job I know!). Suggest Cheltenham Regency - a nice 3 star close to the M5/a40 junction. Quite far out of town though. If you need more PM me with your phone number and I will give you a ring.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Haha - I went to Welbeck! If you're at a loose end I can suggest some good pubs in the area. Should be a good game though, high standard of rugby.

Kieran, thanks for the offer unfortunatly Welbeck are not playing in this competition, there facilities are merely being used as a neutral venue for 3 matches tomorrow.

Cant even take you up on the offer of pub info as driving back to Edinburgh that evening.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I've got the ' duck breakers' this weekend, at home, to a side they've already lost 40+ pts to this season.

After my abuse report (see post #43 here...... http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?17530-Abuse-towards-referee&highlight=cheat )
The Player got x3 weeks and the coach ( although I didn't name him in the report) was also called up and reminded of his leadership responsibilities.

Should be an interesting trip.

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
I had Fylde 3rds v Littleborough 2nds on Saturday. Suffice to say I didn't have my best game ever. But it was my 3rd level 9 - feel like I'm adapting to the level slowly but surely.

Next weekend back down to Level 10s with Bury 2nds v Sale 3rds.

With the wide open nature of the leagues Bury could still feasibly snatch promotion despite being in 9th but a game in hand on Rochdale who are in 2nd but 7 points ahead. The same could be said for Sale who are 5th, have a game in hand and are 2 points behind Rochdale!

Also for the attention of DaftMedic - should be back in Suffolk on Bank Holiday May weekend now as well doing the Road to Rio 7s.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I had Fylde 3rds v Littleborough 2nds on Saturday. Suffice to say I didn't have my best game ever. But it was my 3rd level 9 - feel like I'm adapting to the level slowly but surely.

Next weekend back down to Level 10s with Bury 2nds v Sale 3rds.

With the wide open nature of the leagues Bury could still feasibly snatch promotion despite being in 9th but a game in hand on Rochdale who are in 2nd but 7 points ahead. The same could be said for Sale who are 5th, have a game in hand and are 2 points behind Rochdale!

Also for the attention of DaftMedic - should be back in Suffolk on Bank Holiday May weekend now as well doing the Road to Rio 7s.

Im doing BSE 7's that weekend.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Sudbury v Wanstead. Should be a cracker.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend:-

Yorkshire 2 Level 8

Moortown (Leeds) v Goole