Where are you this weekend? 2014/15

Dave Sherwin

Referees in the Cayman Islands
Post Likes
Just got NACRA appointments through: 7 March - Guyana v Barbados; 18 April - Turks and Caicos Islands v Bahamas; 2 May - AR for British Virgin Islands v Curacao. Nice spread of destinations and a high quality match in Guyana v Barbados. Thank you World Rugby!

And just picked up Mexico v USA South in Mexico City - need some serious altitude training!!

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Tommorow - Lancaster University Ladies v MMU (Cheshire) Ladies
Saturday - QEGs v Bury Grammar School followed by me rushing back to Campus getting into warmer gear and watching Morecambe FC v AFC Wimbledon.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Going to the furthest reaches of the society AO. I HAVE Maldon on Saturday.

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Close eye on the weather all week. Off to Carlisle on Saturday.

Jay Curts

Referees in Mexico
Post Likes
And just picked up Mexico v USA South in Mexico City - need some serious altitude training!!
Yep, you will need altitude training for that one. The venue is around 2,100 to 2,200 mts above sea level.

Dave Sherwin

Referees in the Cayman Islands
Post Likes
Yep, you will need altitude training for that one. The venue is around 2,100 to 2,200 mts above sea level.

It's quite hard when you live at about 3 feet above sea level and the highest point on Cayman is about 20 feet above sea level!

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Many years ago I drove over Wolf Creek Pass in te Rockies, where the sign said Elevation 10,857 ft.

Then many years later I drove past a sign in Florida saying Suchandsuch Pass Elevation 4 ft.

Taffy

Referees in England
Post Likes
Torrington - Devon

....last time I was there we had too many players on the pitch, time before that the groundsman suggested a traffic cone on the pitch over the rabbit holes, time before that we trudged around in mud all day making panting noises...........Oh to be on the first team pitch......

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Well my game on Saturday is cancelled so I unless I get appointed to another AM game (which I won't - as I don't think there are any others around!) - it's just AFC Wimbledon v Morecambe for me!

JJ10

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm off skiing....

....ill get my coat

*Strictly speaking not off-topic..... ;)

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Yesterday, school 1st xv match , cue horizontally arriving face stinging sleet, air temp probably near 1°

Pitch squelchy , Hands so cold i couldnt manage to write the scores on my card.
A thoroughly unpleasant weather.

I was tempted to put a Beenie hat on to save my slaphead from the hail/sleet lashing/stinging it took, so ......

Q? How much ' weather protection' can a referee wear without looking like a numpty???

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Q? How much ' weather protection' can a referee wear without looking like a numpty???

He should wear the same as the players.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Yesterday, school 1st xv match , cue horizontally arriving face stinging sleet, air temp probably near 1°
Pitch squelchy , Hands so cold i couldnt manage to write the scores on my card.

In a game like that I would be wearing a minimum of long sleeved under armour and a thin pair of thinsulate gloves to enable me to write down any scores.

I do have a picture sent to me of a fellow referee from Scotland who wore, long sleeved top, wind and waterproof top, thick pair of woolly gloves and a beanie hat as well as there full Society issue kit on top of all these layers but still complained they were too cold!!!

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
The Inverdale Challenge is a Command Level competition.
This years finalists are The Fleet Air Arm and the Royal Navy Western Region.
I think they might be playing it on the 3G pitch???
I would imagine it is about level 5 or 6; so maybe level 3 or 4 in Scotland?

http://www.navyrugbyunion.co.uk/news

PhilE, competitive match last night, played on the 3G as grass pitch unavailable :shrug:Fleet Air Arm won 44-20 in what was a forward dominated squad for them, the Western Region struggled to string phases of play together, tellingly in the 2nd half the 12 moved to flanker!!

I would agree with your later evaluation, I would of graded it around a 6-7 which is what the Army assessor thought was a fair comparison from what he normally sees.

All in all a better fixture than the RAF game lol

A few of the Navy headshed no doubt have sore feet/toes today after straying too close to the sideline, no ropes up to ensure space and I may of stood on a few toes along the line. Plus John Inverdale is short!