Where are you this weekend? 2015/2016.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Saturday I'm mowing the lawn while the other half does a bit of pruning.

attachment.php

At least you're in England and can blame the cold.

BigClothesSir

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Feel like the few actual active referees in Manchester are actually doing serious games this weekend apart from me.

I have the delight of Fleetwood Vets v Stafford Vets in a friendly memorial match. There may or may not have been a request for my usual bottle of lucozade to be replaced with a bottle of port at half-time (I've been told both sides will be drinking while playing so...)

I've never done a Vets game and I will be the youngest person on the pitch by 15 years at least. This could be a new kind of challenge.

Enjoy! It's going to be a glorious day. :D

I was offered a similar President's Day game at Market Drayton today but was already committed to the game at Northwich.

BigClothesSir

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Feel like the few actual active referees in Manchester are actually doing serious games this weekend apart from me.

I have the delight of Fleetwood Vets v Stafford Vets in a friendly memorial match. There may or may not have been a request for my usual bottle of lucozade to be replaced with a bottle of port at half-time (I've been told both sides will be drinking while playing so...)

I've never done a Vets game and I will be the youngest person on the pitch by 15 years at least. This could be a new kind of challenge.

Just had a look on the MADREFs site. There's only 3 of us out today :D (plus a couple of exchanges sent to other Socs)

2 of us at Northwich and your Vets game!

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have my last outing as ref this year on Thursday next week (12th May) at the Surveyors Sevens at Richmond. London Society accepted my request to give it a lash having played in it in the past! Thank you to the appointments chap, much appreciated.

Should be fine as long as I am not asked to ref my firm....

Any of you LSRFUR refs going to be there??

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Enjoy! It's going to be a glorious day. :D

I was offered a similar President's Day game at Market Drayton today but was already committed to the game at Northwich.

Just had a look on the MADREFs site. There's only 3 of us out today :D (plus a couple of exchanges sent to other Socs)

2 of us at Northwich and your Vets game!

It was truly glorious. Finished 44-29 to Fleetwood, although there might have been a few dodgy tries awarded to ensure the spirit of the day wasn't ruined... aka Fleetwood seem to have 2 1st XV quality over 35 wingers and they killed Stafford! May have gotten back from Fleetwood at 1am too... (hic)

There were a few of the 'Lancaster contingent' out and about doing the association cup finals as well - they won't appear on that beautiful website.

Are you going to be joining us for the Fleetwood 10s?

Last edited:

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
reffin' ? Or playing with one of the Veteran teams?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
reffing. Playing days are long gorn

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Just off to referee BAE Systems Barrow annual graduates v apprentices game.
Usually a good match with a bit of needle and entertaining once the RL boys realise it's not kick and clap and you don't get much. Chance for a breather unless you're on the wing:biggrin:

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
My season seems to be continuing. I've picked up the Fleetwood 10s tournament and I've also gained a non-society appointment in a varsity between the two founding colleges at the university. Mix of Level 8-12 players plus a few of my Rugby League teammates - is always competitive.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Just when I thought my season was done I have been asked to officiate at the Peterborough Beach 7s next weekend.

Not sure of the wisdom of accepting the appointment but sure that it will be a hoot. Let us hope that summer arrives in time...

oldman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Beckett50'

Peterborough was no where near the sea last time I looked. Please explain

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I believe BAE hired 340 apprentices in Barrow this year, and another 300 elsewhere.
The joy of the Military Industrial Complex