Where are you this weekend? 2015/2016.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Finished.

Might go and watch LLP Jnr referee or might go shopping.......or might stick pins in my eyes.

BigClothesSir

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Saturday

Northwich 2s v Liverpool St Helens 2s (L9) -

Northwich safe in mid-table, Saints scrapping to stay up, playing the team above them on Weds night (Didsbury Toc-H 2s) at home, if they win that, they'll still have something to play for, lose that and they'll already be down.

Sunday

Cheshire U16s Cup Final day at Crewe and Nantwich RUFC

AR2 for:-

Congleton V New Brighton, U16 Shield Final
Sandbach V Caldy, U16 Bowl Final

Then sleep :)

Last edited:

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Sevenoaks v London Cornish. London1 south playoff.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am finished for the season.
Wake me up when September comes

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
(almost)

(skip the first 1min 45 secs smaltzy stuff)

didds

Last edited:

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hunts & Peterborough Cup Final

Thorny 1st -v- Huntingdon 2nd

Let's just hope that last Saturday's drama isn't repeated. Match tied with PK in overtime, so we went to extra time! Vets game as well. Good fun though.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Last night at The Rec reffing the combi finals, Bath Uni v Chippenham, two different styles played at 100mph :swet: win for the students 19-13.

Tonight, county final Weston-Super-Mare v Weston Hornets, crowd in excess of 3K expected (2K of advanced tickets already sold) as it's being played in WSM, both sides agreed, should be fun, my turn to AR tonight!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Tigers v Worcester today. Greg Garner in the middle.
Uttoxeter v Rugeley U17 Sunday morning.

Tigers are soft launching Fan Radio (we can't call it Ref Link as that is a trade name) for this last match of the season.
The kit costs £15 and will work for this match and all matches next season, so about £1 a match.
You can tune it to the ref, to radio Leicester commentary, or to standard FM radio.

The lanyard is the aerial and you can hang it on your ear, or plug a set of earphones into it.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/24585.php#.VySQkPkrKUk

Tigers Radio and Gift Box.jpg

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Off to Sydney this weekend for a 2nd grade game up there. Should be fun to get out of my usual environment and have some pressure taken off.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
well done and have fun. No pressure in Sydney 2nd grade???

I'm sure there is pressure, but it's a different type. I can just go into the game without any idea about the sides and relax into the game. At home you know exactly what is at stake, and after being around for a while players, coaches, spectators get to know you etc. Maybe pressure was the wrong word.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'm sure there is pressure, but it's a different type. I can just go into the game without any idea about the sides and relax into the game. At home you know exactly what is at stake, and after being around for a while players, coaches, spectators get to know you etc. Maybe pressure was the wrong word.

Drift

That's what I love about having changed Societies.
After 9 years refereeing in Warwickshire I knew every cub, team, coach, etc.

Now every weekend is a new discovery.....for me and the teams :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Drift

That's what I love about having changed Societies.
After 9 years refereeing in Warwickshire I knew every cub, team, coach, etc.

Now every weekend is a new discovery.....for me and the teams :biggrin:

So only one more year to go before "Oh **** - not him again" then?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I have been offered a Vets game at my club on Friday night. With a bit of luck it'll be so warm they'll only play 25 mins each way.

U14 Seven Tournament on Sunday, again at my club. Hope the legs manage - see above.

BigClothesSir

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I thought the season was over, but have been handed Northwich Ladies 1s v Burnley Ladies 1s on Saturday.

A precursor to the Mens 1st team game v West Park. Northwich are league champions with West Park already guaranteed 2nd place so that could be a belting game. Will run the line if not worn out by the ladies.

Northwich coach is Steve Lander who is always good value for a chinwag after the game.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Nothing this weekend, volunteering behind the bar for http://keswick2barrow.co.uk/ the Keswick to Barrow walk which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Tough job but somebody has to do it.
Take a look at the website.
We've been doing this charity running stuff up here long before it was trendy.:smile::clap:
I did complete it a couple of times in my 20s.
Never again

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
I thought the season was over, but have been handed Northwich Ladies 1s v Burnley Ladies 1s on Saturday.

A precursor to the Mens 1st team game v West Park. Northwich are league champions with West Park already guaranteed 2nd place so that could be a belting game. Will run the line if not worn out by the ladies.

Northwich coach is Steve Lander who is always good value for a chinwag after the game.

Feel like the few actual active referees in Manchester are actually doing serious games this weekend apart from me.

I have the delight of Fleetwood Vets v Stafford Vets in a friendly memorial match. There may or may not have been a request for my usual bottle of lucozade to be replaced with a bottle of port at half-time (I've been told both sides will be drinking while playing so...)

I've never done a Vets game and I will be the youngest person on the pitch by 15 years at least. This could be a new kind of challenge.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Saturday I'm mowing the lawn while the other half does a bit of pruning.

image.png