Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
It was easily L7/L6 fast, flowing, good discipline and on a 3G. Zero management is required from me and a 92-5 scoreline! I was being watched and it was the perfect game for it as I could concentrate on my stuff.
Seems to me that the higher you get the better the discipline...
... Until you get to the very top, and then it all gets worse again (looking at you Owen Farrell!)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Seems to me that the higher you get the better the discipline...
... Until you get to the very top, and then it all gets worse again (looking at you Owen Farrell!)
and Dan Biggar, and Alan wyn Jones, and .... etc etc etc

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Confirmed working Gateway (mens NCR D2) semis/championship

EDIT - confirmed working Pitt St @ Missouri S&T in Rolla Sat night (90 mi from the main event)

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This week.

An International appointment. Of sorts.

Friendly @ L4…

Sheffield vs (wait for it) Croatia .. yes the National Team thereof.

Anthony Posa is the coach of both sides so they are coming here having started their European Trophy? campaign last week against Ukraine.

So, hardly the RWC but something different. Something different for the Croatians will be tackling below the sternum.

To3 with LLP jr in the middle.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
On a plane to Majorca, we land at half time in the RWC final, but I think I’ll survive 😆

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
This week.

An International appointment. Of sorts.

Friendly @ L4…

Sheffield vs (wait for it) Croatia .. yes the National Team thereof.

Anthony Posa is the coach of both sides so they are coming here having started their European Trophy? campaign last week against Ukraine.

So, hardly the RWC but something different. Something different for the Croatians will be tackling below the sternum.

To3 with LLP jr in the middle.
Back in 2019 we caught a bus in Split from the port to the airport. On it were the Croatian rugby team heading off somewhere. The wife got some nice selfies with the players

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
HS boys 7s down in St. Louis - likely a series of scrimmages, since we’re still neck deep in football playoffs

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Midwest Club Championships @ Lemont, IL

AR for Womens D2 championship, and helping with logistics (booked hotels, handling food/bev on-site)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend:-

N2N

Lymm v Leeds Tykes - AR2

Lymm promoted last year and Leeds relegated from Nat 1. Leeds currently top with 10 victories (49 pts) so far. Lymm 10th.

Another plastic pitch.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Womens 7s RR at McKendree (down by St Louis) featuring Missouri S&T, Southern Indiana, and a Kansas/Truman St combined side.

I like the atmosphere of refereeing in a multi-purpose football stadium, but hate having to ad hoc the various lines.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

N2N

Sheffield Tigers v Lymm (again) AR2 (again)_

Tigers top half. Lymm bottom half. Should go the way of the hosts but you never know.

850' above sea level and temperatures about to drop by 50%. Can't wait. 😶‍🌫️

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Just got back from a 5 week stint travelling round oz last week in time cor Cumbria Counties 1 Millom v Penrith 2. tThat was a shock to the system.
this week is county cup quarter finals and with not many other games on we have the luxury of a TO3 at all games. I'm AR1 for Wigton v Carlisle. should be a cracker and nice to spend time withfellow refs on a Saturday.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Just got back from a 5 week stint travelling round oz

I thought transportation was for life, not 5 weeks? ;)

Colts game Friday night with teams that are not averse to a bit of "of the ball".

League and Cup double header on Saturday.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not me but:-

LLP Jr is refereeing a charity match at Dings Crusaders ground in Bristol this evening - in about 1 min actually.

Looseheadz v My Name'5 Doddie Foundation

While we're on about MND please remember Kevin Sinfield is going to be attempting another mammoth Marathon Challenge starting next week.

Please have a look at the links

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Not much on in Durham this weekend, had Barnard Castle School U16s vs Durham School last night which was high speed herding cats, and ran the line for the 1st XV game also.

Counties 3 Winlaton vs Yarm today - thermals on 🥶

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Whitehaven V Wigton this week but with the current weather, unlikely many games will be on in Cumbria

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Vets tournament tonight - on an 'All Weather' pitch, so that will depend on if the snow defrosts or not!

Horden vs North Shields in DN2 (Level 8) tomorrow - wait and see on that one

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
After no game this weekend just gone - although I did take the opportunity to go and watch Jr do Rams v Plymouth in Nat 1.

N2N

Hull v Sheffield AR2

Hull mid table after relegation from Nat 1 last year and Sheffield doing well in 5th - although only 3 pts covers 3rd to 6th

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
1st game Hawcoat Park v Penrith 2 Cumbria L7 cancelled, visitors can't raise a team. Now at Ambleside v Cockermouth 2 friendly. After last week's snowstorm, outside chance this will be on. Hope it is. Ambleside currently working hard to resurrect the club after a few years in the wilderness. I remember one of my first appointments there many years ago a Committee man came onto the pitch during play to stop the game! Sorry Ref, Emergency Helicopter needs to land after picking up an injured climber! apparently the pitch is one of the designated landing sites for mountain rescue!