who’d be a referee

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
My Name is SPARTACUS

Cue:

My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS My Name is SPARTACUS

Wedgie

Referees in England
Post Likes
When Prince Harry went to army officer training at Sandhurst, there was an interview with his platoon Sgt Major who said "I will call him, Sir. And he will call me Sir. The only difference is that he will mean it"
:biggrin:

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Just come back to this For those that were asking to wee the rant to which I referred:

https://www.facebook.com/rugbyrefer...367802/1331129283755708/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Can someone with access c/p? I don't have an account, and it's not available for public view.

Re: first names, I make an effort to write down/remember the captains' names, but stick to color/number for others. With younger players, I've found that using the right intonation with the name helps get the point across.

When doing my local senior/HS club, I make an effort to remind them that it's sir until there's a cold one in my hand afterwards.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
When doing my local senior/HS club, I make an effort to remind them that it's sir until there's a cold one in my hand afterwards.

whereas in NZ in 1992 in a pre season visit from a Taranki ref to our club (repeated elsewhere with other clubs etc Id imagine!) we were expressly told NOT to call the referees "Sir" as this "wasn't bloody school" ! LOL

didds