Zulu Chant

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I liked the ref who told George Ford recently "Ooh now you've told me that I'm going to change my mind".

Be very, very selective with your audience if you're going to use sarcasm.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
I'm interested - genuinely interested, and not just to pick a fight - as to why, Dickie?

I'm not sure that the phraseology is exactly what I would adopt, but the sentiment...yes
I think the phrasing works for me. I would agree that I would not tell someone else to say the exact same thing. There are a lot of variables. In Indiana, all of the teams know me. I have worked really hard in the last few years to go from fat and out of shape to trim and very fit. It buys me a lot of credibility. My point is that I do not want the captain to discuss every judgement call with me. He will never agree and won't recognize the many non-calls that went his way. However you choose to approach it, stop the ongoing questions early.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm interested - genuinely interested, and not just to pick a fight - as to why, Dickie?

I'm not sure that the phraseology is exactly what I would adopt, but the sentiment...yes

What about "I understand why you may think that way, but I saw it differently"? Get's across that whilst he may THINK you SAW and made a judgement :eek:)