Where are you this weekend? 2015/2016.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
as we've now got over the hump in the season that was Xmas, I've the first of a couple of potential relegation battles. This week a side coaches by former Eng Capt and the other side a Eng Ladies U20's coach, so I'm not expecting any advice from the side line! This one is a L7 on paper but in reality it's a L8, next week I have the same version but at L6.

love the "business end" of the season :wink:

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
I'm a little confused, while I certainly have heard Alaska referred to as "God's own country", there seem to be some suggestion in this thread that Mr. God has relocated to South Yorkshire. Is there any truth in this rumor?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Why would God live in a God-forsaken place like Yorkshire?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Negative Equity! Is that something to do with gravitational waves?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
love the "business end" of the season :wink:

this weekend I have got bottom v top -- so not such an exciting prospect on paper, but this sort of game often presents its own kind of challenge.

yep, the it's different experience reffing in the last part of the season.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Negative Equity! Is that something to do with gravitational waves?
Not quite, Phil.
Gravitational waves are ripples in spacetime created by any particle or object with mass.
Whereas negative equity is created by having more mass in a particular object (say a house, car, firm) than spacetime has ripples.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Not quite, Phil.
Whereas negative equity is created by having more mass in a particular object (say a house, car, firm) than spacetime has ripples.

:chin:

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not quite, Phil.
Let me dull this down for you Warwickshire lot. Get an orb or two or differing size, weight and density. Push said orbs across a duvet and watch the "waves/imprint" it makes. Goes along way of explaining the blanket of space.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Let me dull this down for you Warwickshire lot. Get an orb or two or differing size, weight and density. Push said orbs across a duvet and watch the "waves/imprint" it makes. Goes along way of explaining the blanket of space.

Or just lob different size stones in a pond or lake :D

JSAK

Referee, Old Boy, youth coach in Alaska
Post Likes
?...there seem to be some suggestion in this thread that Mr. God has relocated to South Yorkshire. Is there any truth in this rumor?

Well, if he has, and any of you run into him, will you please ask him to send me some snow!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well, if he has, and any of you run into him, will you please ask him to send me some snow!

I'm sure I can find a Yorkshireman who will offer to sell you some :chin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Weather permitting.

This weekend I shall be doing:-

Yorkshire 2: Level 8

Barnsley v Leodiensian (Leeds)

Leodiensian - famous in popular culture for getting a mention in "I predict a riot" by Kaiser Chiefs.

Hopefully not prophetic!!!! :biggrin:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
L8 Cumbria Moresby v Millom. They've just done a pitch inspection and say it's a little heavy but on. This is the clubs first home game since November! Forecast rain all day. I think I'll need flippers and a snorkel!

FatherFlipper

Referees in England
Post Likes
AR in an U20's county match on Sunday. Usually run the line for my wife's team on Sundays (and would have been this week as well), but this one is proper flag-waving with comms kits and everything. Can't bloomin' wait.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Huntingdon this week for the return fixture against Kettering.

It was 14-14 last time with 8 yellow cards, and the match reports make for interesting reading about the reasons for the cards.

Let's hope the pitch is in a reasonable state

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Don't know yet, we have 17 fixtures this week in the county and only 8 refs available! God help our appointments guy

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
weekend off!!!! first one since Xmas and then August before that, Oh what to do with all that spare time :chin: