[Golden Oldies] Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I think government incentive and sanctioning of marriage is outdated and unnecessary. Why discriminate against those who are unmarriagable or choose to be single. If you want to commit yourself to another person through a religious ceremony or otherwise, then great for you, but why give you a tax break over it.

Because it is most efficient way to create offspring, arguments can be made a family with a mother and father is best way to raise a child.
I tend to agree that a family is best way for children who will eventually become law abiding citizens, but I have seen other situations work well.

The other benefit for government is to ensure that every 18 years there is a new pool of recruits to defend country.

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hear, hear David Marr

Here’s a simple principle: being decent and kind requires no legislation. You only need a religious freedom act to shelter behind when you plan to be nasty – say to age-old targets of your wrath like gays.

Absolute, 100%, solid gold truth!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...r-passing-2-million-mark-20190627-p521tg.html

and

The renewed support for Folau comes as Gillian Triggs, the former Australian Human Rights Commission president, said she believed it was important to protect the rugby union star's right to freedom of speech."I don't think employers should have that power [to sack someone] and I don't think that one should lose one’s job for putting a view in good faith that you have put, particularly as a reflection that could be a religious view," said Ms Triggs on ABC News.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
"I don't like what you say, but I am not going to sack you for it "

I keep thinking back to what NKW said (I think it was him) some thing along the lines of what would happen if a player tweeted that the Ergi wouldn't go to Valhalla . Would that be equally offensive .. or less so because no one believes in Valhalla nowadays anyway

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
"I don't like what you say, but I am not going to sack you for it "

I keep thinking back to what NKW said (I think it was him) some thing along the lines of what would happen if a player tweeted that the Ergi wouldn't go to Valhalla . Would that be equally offensive .. or less so because no one believes in Valhalla nowadays anyway

My short term memory is fading, but that seems above my level of intelligence

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Here’s a simple principle: being decent and kind requires no legislation. You only need a religious freedom act to shelter behind when you plan to be nasty – say to age-old targets of your wrath like gays.

Absolute, 100%, solid gold truth!

" you only need " is an absolute. An absolute is a fallacy, just like me exclaiming "all homosexuals will go to hell"

The need for religious freedom is to prevent the extreme, the genocide of a religion.

Absolute, 100%, turd.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
From aritcle

NSW Rugby Union chairman Roger Davis

"You’d like to look back on rugby as the game they play in heaven, not as the defining sport for social rights. I don’t think that’s our obligation."

Crossref, I think Mr Davis might believe in hell. He is biased and his word is no good and he is an SOB and he is a bigot.
I really doubt any of last sentence, but giving the counter attack some ammo to expend.

I hope i can play on that squad in heaven, but i heard everyone think they are a #9

Last edited:

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
.. or less so because no one believes in Valhalla nowadays anyway
You’d be surprised, folks do still believe in Valhalla. As is their right. Todays-Valhalla

One pragmatic solution would be for IF to «f@*! off and get a life. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
One pragmatic solution would be for IF to «f@*! off and get a life. Just a suggestion.

Are you judging him on more than his invalid twitter post?, or are you judging his life on his race, family, wealth, athletic success, his netball wife, his religion, his sexuality.

Tsk,tsk tsk, you and I have opinions (and you know what is said about opinions) we are not the judge. Maybe we at our highest level are public jury of public opinion.

But you are attempting to destroy a person based on what they said, albeit inappropriate, by including lots of human conditions that do not apply to that statement

You are using a leftist tactic, yuck.