An interesting case here in England .
  2. C

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

It seems https://www.facebook.com/share/v/hzzE8pPqgH9LFjvE/
  3. C

Ouch, Tom Foley

4. C

YC returning

nice on for you : After a try has been scored, can a YC player return to the pitch and take the conversion ? I would say Yes .
  5. C

unusual line out move

I reffed a game two weeks ago where one team had a curious line out move. They executed a normal 'dance' with some players switching positions ... ..then the throw came in - underhand and low, about waist height, directly down the centre of the tunnel where it was caught - but not by the front...
  6. C

Ref and TJ not on same page

Saturdays game, Blue winger sprinting down the line and as he is about 15m/10m from goal line, TJ (also sprinting, well positioned) puts his flag up. Then a split second before I blow the whistle puts it down again , but I have blown Blue winger "scores" Blue spectators not very happy (it's the...
  7. C

The skill and luck of the bokke

For me South Africa were the team of the tournament.. fantastic set pieces, good discipline, able to play multiple game plans, and a seemingly endless box of innovative tricks But hey @shebeen . .. overall, big picture, SA got the rub of the green in the refereeing decisions in those three...
  8. C

Slim margins

Cane, RC, Kolisi YC Slim margins Very similar offences Vast difference in sanction We need the 20 minute replacement
  9. C

PK Advantages

So I have detected now a definitive trend at the elite level for referees to call "advantage over" when playing PK adv. I think I have seen it four times in the RWC (twice from WB in the same game) and yesterday from Adam Leach reffing Quins v Exeter ("you made two line breaks and a decent...
  10. C

Wales Argentina

So why would you not YC that cheap shot , Josh Adams on stroke of half time I reckon all 30 players were expecting a card Just asking for everything to kick off in the second half
  11. C

Zombie ball again

Clock is in the red Blue kick the ball into touch, where it is caught by green 11 Can he immediately take a QTI , or is that the end of the game ? (I mean, for me it's the end of the game, but I get the feeling not everyone agrees with that, anyone playing on ?)
  12. C

Rugby World Plate

Time to raise (just as we do every RWC) the question of why don't they have a Rugby World Plate competition The bottom three from each pool could go into a plate, to be played midweek, in between the Cup competition, with the final the day before the RWC final I think it would be really...
  13. C

RWC RC counter

There are 48 games in the RWC Predictions for how many RC there will be ??
  14. C

RWC Cat Walk

I reckon these are actually OK. and with some planning ahead they should be able to avoid a clash in every game. Anyone noticed any notable team jerseys?
  15. C

RC issued in the bunker

So we in the North got our first high profile YC upgraded to RC offline I liked it, it meant they quickly got on with the game (which definitely did not any more extended periods with the clock stopped) And I think it's quite good for the MO that the process is depersonalised. No one is...
  16. C

ref cams are back this summer

amongst other recycled ideas exciting innovations https://autumnnationsseries.com/2023/07/24/bunker-and-shot-clock-among-the-innovations-set-to-appear-in-the-summer-nations-series/ refcams are a pet peeve. can't see the point of them, I don't think they have ever produced a single bit of useful...
  17. C

Options from a knock on

that other thread caused me to scrutinise this Law, and something is odd about it Definitions Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the...
  18. C

that haka again..

we have to do something about the haka, don't we? two minutes long.. it's just silly Q for our southern hemisphere refs - do you often have hakas in the community game? do they last two minutes? do both teams dance at the same time, or is it consecutive ?
  19. C

RC player appears as touch judge

Player who received a RC in the first half suddenly reappears as a TJ in the second half... Thoughts?
  20. C

Do you mind wearing this mic

Grassroots game, one of the coaches is setting up a camera to record it "Would you be OK to wear this mic, so that we have referee audio on the video? It really helps our analysis as then we can understand what the ref was thinking, and what decisions are for " What do you think ?