Search results

1. S

Front row replacements

Team A have 19 players on team sheet with 5 front row players highlighted, 3 starting and 2 on the bench. But both players on the bench are hookers!? In the event of a prop getting injured they are able to cover this with their starting hooker, new hooker comes on and still covered from the...
  2. S

Mark - early tackle

A player receives a ball no more than a couple of meters inside his 22 from a cross field kick and calls a mark, he takes it quickly to take advantage of the open space in front of him when one of the opposition who chased the cross field tackles him within a couple of meters. ?? What should...
  3. S

Front rows??

If a team specify they have a front row trained player on the bench but he can only cover hooker, can they still have 3 subs??
  4. S

GPS Monitors

Looking to try and gather some stats on my performances and looking to find out what equipment othere use?? Dont want to spent too much money so is there a good iphone app I can use and maybe just keep my phone in my pocket??
  5. S

Wrong man!!

Any one ever ever think they carded the wrong man?? Had incident on weekend were there was several players fighting and I was convinced I seem player wearing 17 punching player on the floor 2-3 times. I initially thought or was the pack leader but when it all broke up and I called number 17 over...
  6. S

angry parents

Just looking for some advice on how I should have handled an incident during a junior game today? Tough game between 2 of the areas better teams with a reputation of having a bit of history. About 10 minutes in to the second half supporter/ parent on the touch line (not roped off ) began to...
  7. S

pre-season friendlies.

Just wondering how most of you guys approach preseason friendlies?? I have my first game tomorrow evening so was just looking to see if any of you guys would be doing anything differently? Team briefs, captains & just general attitude??
  8. S

what a night!!

Done a game this evening which resulted in the home team walking off! If was a mid table clash and I found out during the game that there was a bit if trouble with the reverse fixture with 2 reds and 3 or 4 yellows. It started with both teams niggling at each other and both sets of players...
  9. S

stopping for injuries

Dragons v Blues, nice to see a top end referee telling both teams to carry on while injured player receives treatment, even though it meant scrum half had to throw the ball in at the line out! Well done Leighton Hodges!
  10. S

ball dead?

Recently been instructed to only stop the game for injuries if 1. A player is seriously injured or in harms way or 2. A front row player is injured with a scrum due to be set. Just wondering at youth level with equal numbers required at scrums, if a back row player is injured should you insist...
  11. S

sin bin player & substitutions

Quick question guys, do you leave leave teams make substitutions, and allow sin bin players return at penalties?? Or should you wait for a line out or scrum where the ball is dead? Is the ball dead at a penalty?
  12. S

scrum numbers?

Recently been instructed to only stop the game for injuries if 1. A player is seriously injured or in harms way or 2. A front row player is injured with a scrum due to be set. Just wondering at youth level with equal numbers required at scrums, if a back row player is injured should you insist...
  13. S

advantage?

Not sure if it's me but noticing referees at the top level seem to play a VERY long advantage. We're seeing teams gaining significant territorial advantage but when they fail to make something of it they always get brought back for original penalty. Always been told advantage is a personal thing...
  14. S

Second penalty

Probably been asked before but, after a penalty being advanced 10 metres can the team in posesion immediately take the penalty once the mark has been given?? Or do they have to wait for the defence to retreat 10 metres??