Search results

1. J

Ireland v Italy kick off

Just watching the six nations game ireland v italy... from the kick off Italy kick the ball into the irish in goal area, Irish player grounds the ball without hesitation, referee awards a 22 drop out... reading rule 13, would it not be a scrum on the halfway or ask the italian to kick off...
  2. J

Quick throw

I am just watching a recording of the Worcester v Bath game tonight. Just noticed the Bath winger taking a quick throw in to himself, no way did the ball pass the 5M mark before he re-caught the ball..... should the line out be brought back and Worecester get the throw?
  3. J

Quick tap penalty

On saturday I penalised a player who opted to take a quick tap penalty.... the ball never left his hands (he tapped the ball against the inside of his boot with the ball still in his hands), I explained what he had done and he understood. next penalty he placed the ball on the floor, removed...
  4. J

hands in the tackle/ruck

I am a new referee, I have just finished my playing career. I am struggling to interpret one of the laws of the game, that is the use of hands on the ball in the tackle. a ball carrier is brought to ground and releases the ball, a member of the opposition then legally puts his hands on the...
  5. J

Blank

Has anybody on here ever drawn a blank. I have only refereed 2 games so far and think I have done OK... however... I did draw a blank on saturday... I study the rules quite a lot, but for some reason i drew a total blank on a very basic rule and clould not remember how to restart play... i...