Search results

1. S

[Law] Gloucester vs Saints

Would be interested in peoples views on the action of the Gloucester 19 in this clip. https://youtu.be/yaI5hNYS6fA Would you penalise if so what sanction ?
  2. S

[Law] Slade try from May kick

Can you please clarify where the offside line is for Slade when May kicks ahead and with reference to law. Is it the ball, torso or standing foot ? When a player box kicks I am sure I use the standing leg and not the ball. Agreeing where the line is impacts on the outcome of whether Slade is on...
  3. S

[Tackle] Dummying

Have seen the following on a number of occasions what might be described as "dummying" the opposition at the back of a ruck. What I have seen is the scrum half tap the ball and then run forward or sideways without the ball. Immediately a team mate picks up the ball and moves forward. Ruck Law...
  4. S

[Law] Kicking the ball from a player in possession

Is it permissible for a defending player to kick the ball from a player trying to score a try ? if not why in law. Thanks.
  5. S

[RWC] Wales vs England - that last line out

Does anyone have a clip or can recall the offence committed by Wales that led to the much debated decision to kick to touch in the last two minutes ?
  6. S

Translation

Can anyone point me in the right direction for commonly used referee terms in English and their translation into other languages specifically french ?
  7. S

Women's Rugby World Cup 2014

Standard of officiating has been excellent but a couple of situations has got me checking my law book with out success. 1. A Wales player sees the ball bounce off another Welsh player towards touch. To stop it going into touch, she dives on the ground, places her hand on the ball 1 metre...
  8. S

Knock on ?

Following a lineout the scrumhalf knocks the ball forward off his right hand but before it hits the ground he touches it with his left. Last contact before the ball hits the ground is the left hand and the balls direction is not towards the dead ball line. In law a knock-on occurs when a player...
  9. S

Captain in his first season

What advice, from a refereeing perspective, would you give to a young player in his first season as captain ? The context. He is taking over from someone who had four years in the job and two successive promotions. A team renowned for mild but regular disciplinary indiscretions. A back-line...
  10. S

Gloucester vs Tigers

From a Tigers cross kick Gloucester 15 deliberately knocks the ball over his head and into touch. Good call by A.R. and yellow card from the referee. All good so far. However where is the resulting penalty restart ? At the place of the incident (approx 5 metres from try line and 8 metres from...