Search results

1. J

Caslicks YC

While I know 7's refereeing is organised chaos turned up to 11 at times, I'm completely gob smacked with the YC sanction given to Charlotte Caslick for this tackle against the French over the weekend. CC has come in very low and just before contact the french player has ducked forward into...
  2. J

Aus v SA Koroibete Cover Tackle

Was it a tackle or a Shoulder Charge? Or did Mapimpi jump into contact? FWIW my view at full speed was possible PK against Aus. But after seeing it slowed down with the shuffle and apparent jump that Mapimpi attempted I changed to play on. I suspect it would have been a PT had Mapimpi run it...
  3. J

Long Hair being tied up

Just watched the replay of the Aus V NZ comm games semi final, which ended with an Maddi Levi (Aus) in the bin after getting a YC for hair pulling against Portia Woodman. Woodman wears her hair in heaps of chest length small beaded plaits and wears them loose, only being tied up on top of her...
  4. J

Maul Entry

Happened in the AusVEng game last night. Gold not involved at the back of a maul which gets twisted and partially breaks apart, with the rear of the maul now exposed to the Gold line. The maul trucks on and the gold defender hits the rear/side of the white maul which happens to be the closest...
  5. J

Australia v England Swain/Hill RC

Ok, I'll start this one. It's created a fair buzz in the refereeing circle that I'm part of and I'm interested in some other views. Taking Swains headbutt on Hill as the level of impact required for for a RC, why wasn't: - Hill RC for the deliberate hair pull in the maul which results in the...
  6. J

Another SR dump tackle

So after Gilbert got 5 weeks for his dump tackle on Hooper, Pablo Matera while playing for the Crusaders managed to get away with a YC after this lift and throw/dump on Jordan Petaia. If Gilbert gets a straight red and 5 weeks out, how is this, off the ball, deliberate lift and throw not worthy...
  7. J

Latu - 11 Weeks

Tolu Latu has been given 11 weeks for tackling a player in the air. Certainly looks reckless and stupid. No arms or an attempt to wrap so he's not got much to argue with IMO. Twitter link in the article below - ignore Kearnes' rantings, most people I know do...
  8. J

Taniela Tupou cited

Video on RA Website: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/brumbies-queensland-reds-taniela-tupou-cited-after-red-card-level-foul-play-2022320 While I think that head contact was made during the clean out I've got two issues with this patch of play: - Its clear the Brumbies player was never in a...
  9. J

WB shows YC for swearing

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/audio-wayne-barnes-sends-wallaby-hooker-off-for-swearing/?fbclid=IwAR30L3vNxaeupy2c68yJqT7CKa-blzL_8NuvTiAC00J4sz0bBaE63zXVtLk Not sure how I feel about this if it happened like WB claims - intitially Latu "looked straight at me and shouted, ‘f**king hell!” then...
  10. J

England vs Australia - Last Try

Didn't want to hijack Dickie E's other thread. The last England try in the 80th minute. Intercept and white (no number) is running down the wing. White 16 is offside when the intercept is made, but he accelerates and runs a support line towards the Gold line before being overtaken by the...
  11. J

AUS vs SA - Kolisi Card

I'm surprised that this hasn't come up yet, but Kolisi's YC on the weekend had me a bit baffled as I had it as a Red after watching it at normal speed. Banks arms hit the ground first which likely saved him from a neck injury and I've had it in my head that the guidance is that the tipped...
  12. J

Hand-off heights

Hi All - a question regarding hand-offs and their relation to the new Head Contact Process. Can a BC make contact with to the head of a tackler with an open palm and bent arm before shoving that tackler away during a tackle? As far as I can see it is legal under the current process provided a)...
  13. J

Cleaning some eye boogers

That's the best description I've heard for the attached image. Haven't seen the full replay, but this happened a couple of minutes after Schoeman came back on after a forearm to the head of Simmons. Footage looks less incriminating, but given the couple of strikes to the head/neck area which...
  14. J

AUSvGEO - Naisani YC - a reason for concern?

34:30 on game clock - 8Gold PK and YC for high contact during a clean out - Gold Ball carrier's torso is effectively horizontal and the tackler is low as he is falling backwards - I cannot see how else the player was meant to clean out a tackler. Hard to describe without video but those of you...
  15. J

QTI - What is included in the Playing Enclosure

OK guys, a quick QTI question. There are heaps of places with fixed fences etc that surround and mark out the playing enclosure. If the ball leaves the playing enclosure, no QTI. But at what point does the playing enclosure end? At the bottom of the fence or the top? I've had two (three...
  16. J

[INTERNATIONAL] Sonny Bill Williams/Sinny Bin Williams

After another YC against the French, which probably contributed to the change from a reasonably polished to a pretty ragged looking AB team on the field, what do others think about SBW? It seems that parts of the NZ media are turning against him and even while I admire his ferocity, I still...
  17. J

[Law] Discussions with Captains

While I was watching the Wallabies v All Blacks last night I noticed that Wayne Barnes listed the Australian Players that he was watching or had a chat with while talking with the All Blacks captain. I can't see any justification for this and if anything it provides an unfair advantage to one...
  18. J

AUS vs ARG

Watching the end of the game at the moment and I think that Mathieu Raynal is really struggling for control of the match as far as I can see. I've only seen him referee a couple of times and he seems to struggle with the language barrier and confidence (which I suspect is related to difficulty...
  19. J

Poking the bear...

John Eales poking bears with a short stick. The last line of the article is great! http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/john-eales-australian-born-all-blacks-fans-are-worse-than-isis/ By the way, I've got one a work - grand mother was from the South Island - for three months while enroute to...
  20. J

Gauzere must be missing the game RSA v USA

Looks like PG decided that the Springboks needed some assistance in the clearout. I've been here before more than once, but usually ends with me tangled up in the bodies rather than PG's pretty smooth slide off the side and whistle...