Search results

1. Dave Elliott

MOA Guidance.

Please find a guidance note from Richard Whittam KC, Head of RFU Judiciary. https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/a1/a135d485-29f6-42be-948f-e557bd951f14/RFU%20Head%20of%20Judiciary%20Guidance%20Note%20on%20sanctions%20(MOA).pdf The guidance note sets out the approach to be taken by disciplinary...
  2. Dave Elliott

Thoughts on this one?

https://x.com/loosest_the/status/1708172629645877437?s=48&t=XTtRixovZALuT74I5Djr7w
  3. Dave Elliott

I always penalise for this, am i correct?

So tackle complete, ruck formed. The ball is deep in, and instead of the 9 digging it out with their foot, the tackled player pushes its out for them. I always blow for this, as I deem this hands in the ruck. The player has placed the ball, the ruck has formed and they then push it back. But re...
  4. Dave Elliott

Is it true no mitigation on no arms or just a commentator phrase?

Keep hearing it in RWC, that if no wrap then mitigation can’t be applied but can’t find that in any head contact stuff I have???
  5. Dave Elliott

7's Tournament

Not sure about other societies, but mine does not appoint to 7's. Maybe if there is a 7's tournament that requires refs, we could post them below and hopefully find some willing and able refs for it?
  6. Dave Elliott

What was he saying???

Be interested to know what the Sale captain was saying to Tempo as he gave manu the Red. Looks like he was trying to talk him out of it, but what possible defence could you have for that arm to the head?
  7. Dave Elliott

Will you continue in Rugby?

With the changes in tackle height being brought in next season ( England ) , there has been a lot of opposition to this. Lots of people I have spoken to have said if it is brought in they will leave the game.
  8. Dave Elliott

Tackle Height Discussion

taken from a social media post from a very experienced Referee Attended a meeting last night with the Berkshire RFU Council representative who was reporting back to the county about the meeting the members had that they voted on re the tackle height … left me angry, sad, frustrated and...
  9. Dave Elliott

Glos vs Irish

2nd half. Irish drop pass back in to in goal. Glos player dives on it but ref call no try. Even after the long chat and video reply i cannot hear why. Did anyone else hear the reason it was no try?
  10. Dave Elliott

Who Next?

11. Dave Elliott

Bronco to Yo-Yo conversion

Does anyone know where i can get hold of a Bronco to Yo-Yo comparison, so you can see what a bronco equates to on the Yo-Yo please?
  12. Dave Elliott

Global Law changes

See slides from WR in relation to upcoming law changes
  13. Dave Elliott

Should it still be a card if a try is scored?

You see this a lot on TV games, “ next penalty and it will be a card” there is a pen advantage but team scores, so no card given. on the Wales v Scotland game, Sir Nigel Owens says this happens a lot, but he does not agree with it. what do you do on a Saturday, would you follow this same idea?
  14. Dave Elliott

Images for groups

Hi All, As i hope you have noticed, when you are in a group, some have a nice image associated with it, such as refs in england shows an England rose. Some groups I dont have images for, such as fans, or ref assessors. If you see or can suggest one to use, that would be great.
  15. Dave Elliott

Hooker at lineout

So, you watch the prem, hooker is nearly a few inches in field at the line out, on Saturday I had a player with his heels touching the line, just. He said the line is ok. question is what do you deem as outside the field of play? Is it the line, or outside the line? . The player...
  16. Dave Elliott

Would you ping for off feet?

So, Quins v Exeter, final play, Quins player turns over the ball, BUT would you ping for off feet? he has gone beyond the ball, supporting his weight on the floor before he grabs the ball? thoughts?
  17. Dave Elliott

Yellow the correct call?

I know this is a few days ago now, but just watching on catch up. So for me, this was direct contact with the head, with a degree of force. Following the WR framework it says degree of danger, which i agree was not great, so is the correct call yellow, or should it have been red, as direct and...
  18. Dave Elliott

Referee fitness programme

Posted on behalf of Ross Hanbury, PT for London and Berkshire society’s, and maybe others. he is highly recommended having used his services myself.
  19. Dave Elliott

New law clarification from WR

https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/clarification/2021/3/?fbclid=iwar2ju5uyshhbq7tpobjultw8cosvuh4rasohualcyd8qdus2jlikc9dwhyo