Search results

1. E

No gain in ground after qti

Watching the Scarlets v Leicester game last night and after a qti by Leicester, the ball was kicked dead. Ref came back and awarded the line out inside the 22. The ball went out just outside the 22, rolled towards Leicesters goal line, picked up by Ben Youngs a couple of Meyers inside the 22 and...
  2. E

Pre match stud check

Just wondering who else apart from me allows players to wear boots with these studs? http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Boots/Nike/Tiempo-Legend-IV-SG-Pro-Football-Boots-Light-Bone-or-White-or-Black being a bit weird, I googled IRB regulation 12 and these studs do not appear to conform, ( I...
  3. E

Aviva premiership 2013/14

Does anyone know when next seasons fixture list is released? Getting a bit restless already :eng:
  4. E

Off Feet at breakdown

I know this seems to have been discussed to death, but I'm wondering what others opinions are, and how do you manage it? During my pre match brief I remind players that they need to stay on their feet at the breakdown and I also tell them what MY opinion of that is. i.e not being in an inverted...
  5. E

have i dropped a bollo**

was involved today at a 10s tournament. blue restarted after a try.ball went long and bounced off the goalpost. yellow full back was the only person in the 22 so i called "play on". after a couple of seconds hesitation he picked up the ball took it back over the goal line and touched it down. i...
  6. E

communications

Can anyone recommend a good yet cheap as poss comms kit for refs? Our society only has one available and its a 4hr drive just to collect it!!! dont mind paying out for one if its worth the money. used one at a 10's tournament for the first time at the weekend and it was great having eyes in the...
  7. E

10's

Having just reffed my first game of 10's yesterday, and being reletively new to reffing. (not long off probation and not reffed for a year) I was being badgered about the scrum. With only 5 people in the scrum do they HAVE to form up as they would in 15's, or can the back 2 bind as flankers? One...
  8. E

what's the best comment you've heard on the pitch.

I was wondering if anyone has heard a funny comment whilst playing/reffing that has calmed down a situation, or just made you smile? The best one i read about was a front row forward, sat on the bench, was sledging the ref ( we have all done it!). the ref came and sat down neaxt to him, saying...
  9. E

can anyone help/

i have seen people reply to posts on here with a comment under a line below the reply. how do i do it? i am a computer biff. speak slow :confused: